Polyjuice Potion

This chapter ends with some good stuff! Hope y'all enjoy!!!

--------------------------------------------

"Okay, do you remember the plan?" Hermione asked, writing something on a piece of parchment. 

Draco, laying on the couch, had heard this plan over and over for the past hour. 

"Yes, Granger, I got it," he mumbled. 

Her head shot up, giving him an alarmed look. "Draco, this is serious. One wrong move and it's done!"

He sat upright and studies Hermione. She was staring back in a scolding manner and her curls were flying all over her face. 

"I just want to do it now. Why don't they have a quick and easy spell to do this?" Draco complained. 

Hermione put her hand on her hip. "Honestly Draco, it will only take a couple hours. I don't know how you would survive if you didn't have magic."

He raised an eyebrow. "I would probably be more like you."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" She asked, her voice firm with danger. This was Hermione's tone of 'be careful what you say next.'

"What?" Draco's eyebrows knitted together. "It means that I wish I could have the motivation that you do."

Hermione set her lips in a tight line and nodded. "Right answer."

Hermione turned back to her parchment and got everything ready. Draco was able to grab all the ingredients with a little help from his father's good friend that worked at a shop. With the right excuse,  he gave it all to Draco with no questions. 

Now, Hermione started to brew it carefully. Draco watched her a few feet away as she remeasured the quantities over and over again. 

"Draco!" Hermione turned to look at him sharply. "I can't believe I forgot! The most important ingredient!"

Draco was shocked by her sudden outburst. "Jesus, Granger, what is it?"

"We need Zack's hair!" 

With a smirk, Draco opened up his hand to reveal a short piece of brown hair. "One step ahead of you, Granger."

She took it from his hands without a word and resumed where she was before- brewing carefully. 

After a while, Hermione looked and figured the potion was about halfway done. She said, "You don't have to stay with me. You can stop by later and the potion will be done."

His lips twitched. "I don't mind your presence," he muttered quietly.

"You know," Hermione said, standing up and sitting next to him on the couch while they had to wait for the potion to finish, "Harry and I were talking the other day. We were saying how different next year is going to be."

There was a silence. Finally, Draco said, "It will be. You can handle it though."

"And you can too," Hermione said. 

The potion bubbled and Hermione leaped up so examine it. She squealed. "Draco! It looks perfect!"

He smiled. "Are we ready to test this out?"

Hermione poured some of the potion and put it into a glass. She handed to Draco, who was watching the potion as if it was about to jump out and grab him, carefully.

"Drink it slowly," she warned as he grabbed it from her. 

He took a first sip, then second. Then, the drink was nearly empty. Draco gasped as he saw his hands change shape. His skin was changing, much tanner than his usual shade.