Party Like It's Your Last Day of Summer

--THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN SLIGHT ADULT REFERENCES AND CONTENT.-

"Come on Hermione! Everyone is going to be there!" Ginny whined, twirling her red hair with her fingers. 

Hermione huffed. "Ginny, I said no."

"This is the last day of summer, Hermione! Your last day to have some real fun before boring papers and classes.." Ginny would not give up that easily. 

Hermione crossed her arms over her chest. She was looking forward for the new school year. Even though she had already looked over her textbooks multiple times already, one more look through couldn't hurt? She had plans to study all night so she was extra prepared for her tough classes. 

"Why don't you ask Lavender to go with you?" Hermione asked, getting more and more irritated by the second. 

"Because she is going to meet me there. Right now she is shopping at Diagon Alley." 

"Parties aren't really my scene. You know that, Ginny," Hermione replies. 

Ginny groaned. "That's because you haven't been to a good one yet. Come on! Don't you want to see everyone and have a good time? Ron, Harry, and Zack are going!"

"Who else is going?" Hermione asked, waiting for one particular name to come up.

"Most of the people in your school year, plus a few from mine," Ginny said quickly, getting giddy that Hermione was interested all the sudden. 

"When does it start?" 

"Uh...I think seven. But we'll get there a little later." Ginny answers. 

Seven was the time Hermione started to get ready for bed. She sighed. "Only for a few hours, okay?"

Ginny squealed and grabbed Hermione to pull her into a tight hug. "Yay! Thank you so much, Hermione! Plus, I bet Harry and Ron will be really excited now!"

Hermione gave Ginny a tight smile back in reply and decided to spend the next few hours dreading the social event that she foolishly agreed to go to. This was valuable studying time she was missing out on. 

After a long moment of thought, Hermione wanted to loosen up a little. She spent the whole summer working her butt off before the school year even started. She only hung out with Draco five times. Tonight, she would try to have a good time.

-----

A couple of hours later, a very well made-up Ginny came over by Hermione. 

"Ready to go?" Ginny asked, looking at her reflection to make sure every strand of hair was brushed perfectly. 

Hermione looked at what Ginny had told her wear. She felt out of place in her tight-fitting clothes.

"Are you sure people are going to be wearing stuff like this?" She asked, feeling like her legs were exposed greatly. 

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Please, Hermione. You're probably going to be wearing the most amount of clothing."

She gulped. "I don't know how you talked me into this.."

"Relax! This will be fun!" Ginny beamed. 

Right. Hermione remembered that she wanted to have a loose time tonight. She smiled back at Ginny. 

"Let's do this!"

Ginny giggled. "That's what I'm talking about!"

------------------------------