Attraction Distractions

"You wanted to see me, Professor?"

"Yes. Have a seat, Miss Granger." Hermione took a seat in a stiff back chair across from McGonagall.

"Have you and Mr. Malfoy made any progress in planning the costume ball?" McGonagall asked. Hermione tried to look as composed as possible..but she couldn't keep her cheeks from turning pink.

"I have given it some thought," she replied merely. McGonagall raised her eyebrows. 

"Giving it thought, Miss Granger, was not the sort of progress I was looking for. I was hoping that you and Mr. Malfoy have decided on a menu. These things must be planned well in advance. Perhaps the two of you could have a meeting tonight," she suggested and Hermione knew to take that as an order.

"Of course, Professor. I shall hold a meeting with Malfoy after dinner."

"Excellent. Here's an outline of what needs to be done," McGonagall handed her a sheet of parchment. "I expect a status of it on Monday."

---------------------------

"Malfoy! Pay attention!" Hermione ordered. She and Malfoy had returned to the common room after dinner to conduct the so-called meeting. 

"I am paying attention," he replied slyly, continuing to stare at Hermione's legs. They were exposed from the lower thigh and down due to the fact that she had taken off her school robes and was wearing the usual pleated skirt. Hermione grabbed the black robes off the back of her chair and threw them over her legs. 

"I meant to the discussion!" she yelled in exasperation. Her legs being covered, Draco turned her attention to the temptation of the flesh at the neck of her white blouse. 

"I'm all ears, Granger. Please continue. You were saying something about the menu..."

"Yes! I was saying that we need to decide the menu so that we can make the orders well in advance. We also need to check entertainment and decorations- WILL YOU STOP STARING AT MY BREASTS!" she shrieked.

Draco grinned.

"Would you rather I massaged them?" he asked.

Draco quickly ducked in order to avoid the book that had been thrown at him even though it was about three feet off the target. Finally having Malfoy's attention off of her body, Hermione took a deep breath.

"Now, if you're done sexually harassing me, I would like to get some work done. But I'd be more than happy to inform Professor McGonagall that you aren't willing to fulfill your duties as Head Boy-"

"Just shush and let's get this over with," he said irritably, resuming his comfortably lounge position on the couch. 

Surprisingly enough, they got through the next half hour of discussion without any mishaps. Hermione was so focused on planning the ball that she almost forgot she was working with an arrogant, pompous ass. 

"So the menu is done, and we've made a list of the decorations we'll need. Now we need the musical entertainment. I really enjoyed the Weird Sisters from the Yule Ball in our fourth year. I would prefer Celestine Warlock, but it would probably be too difficult to get her-"

"We have to dance the first dance, don't we?" Draco interrupted. 

Hermione didn't even look up from her notes. 

"Unfortunately, yes."

"We should practice," Malfoy said, standing up.

"Right now?" she asked.