The Big Day's Preparation

Going to bed in a room full chattering, giggling girls was about the hardest thing she's ever done. And she had to tutor Malfoy. (Which wasn't that hard once she got to know him, but still.)

It was as if someone put drugs in the girls' Pumpkin Juice at dinner. Hermione had to admit, she was very excited for the ball tomorrow, but it wasn't that big of a deal. She definately cared more about than Ron and Harry, but not as much as the surrounding girls who were literally jumping up and down, refusing to get in their beds for the night. 

Hermione's mind shifted into what happened in Transfiguartion class while the girls exchanged their plans/ideas of what was going to happen tomorrow. Previously that day, Hermione was sitting next to Ron and Harry in Professor McGonagall's classroom, going over their homework. Draco sat next to Pansy a table away. As the professor was talking, Hermione was hanging on to her every word, making sure she got the assignment done right.

Draco looked over at her and chuckled at her extreme focus. He scribbled something down on a ripped piece of parchment and charmed it to go over to her desk without a disturbance.

Hermione saw something white fluttering and realized it was a charmed for her. She took it quickly and scanned the room to make sure nobody noticed. Even though nobody saw, her cheeks turned red and Hermione looked at the faintly familiar handwriting. Draco.

She looked over at him and flashed him a really-you-know-I-don't-approve-of-notes-in-class look with a tiny smile, and he gave her a really-Granger? smirk. He was gesturing her to read the note.

On the outside, Hermione had looked in a hurry to see what he wanted, but she was actually touched that he bothered to write her something. But he probably didn't care if he got in trouble or not, so...

Hermione read the note and was suddenly very glad that she had the opportunity to hold in her laughter with Draco that time, becasue, boy, did she need that now. Laughter was daring to come out of her, and Hermione's cheeks were blazing. A weird sound erupted from Hermione's throat, but she had to contain it. Trembling, Hermione turned to look at Draco, which was a huge mistake,.

One look at Hermione's state, and Draco couldn't contain himself. He started to laugh and cover it up with a cough, which received a few looks in his direction for a few seconds. Hermione tried even harder, but she need to let it out. She wasn't sure it was healthy.

One more minute until the bell rang, she could do this.

Now, her body was shaking violently even harder, and before Hermione was certain she was going to collapse right then and there (and wouldn't even get to say her good-byes), Professor McGonagall came out of her lecture and gasped.

"Hermione, dear! Are you okay?" Her eyes widened with concern and fear.

Every head in the room turned to look at her, including Draco, who was cracking up (everyone thought he was laughing at her, which she couldn't decipher it that was good or bad). 

"Fine," Hermione croaked, swallowing all her laughter, and talking through the very, very little air that was left of her body.

Five...four...three...two...

Everybody left the room and Hermione finally let it all out. Everything that Hermone had held in came out. Rushing fast and continuously; she never felt anything like this before. She wasn't sure how long it took, but once it was done, Hermione took as many deep breaths she needed to regain the energy, and could barely bend to pick up her belongings.

Thankfully, Draco was already there, her stuff in his hands.

"Looking for this?" He asked, a gleam in his eye.