Wait..what?

Hermione sat in the Common Room with my friends as everyone, except her, is struggling to finish last minute homework before school tomorrow. Ah, Sunday nights. Harry and Ron wanted her help with a Potions essay that was due tomorrow so she sat there frustrated with their work they had done so far.

"So, you mean to tell me, Ronald, that you were planning to hand in this," Hermione looked at the poorly written sentence that Ron had written and left the rest of the parchment blank, "to Professor Snape tomorrow. One sentence on a two foot parchment?

Ron gulped and Hermione raised her eyebrow at him. 

"Well, I mean, I wanted you to take a look at it before I went any further," Ron attempted and Hermione shook her head at him. 

She grabbed a quill and dabbed it with a lot of ink. This was going to need a lot of work. "Good thing I'm your friend, Ronald," Hermione said while reaching for the parchment and leaving Ron looking very relieved.

A few moments later, Harry came out of discussion with Dean and Seamus and came down next to Hermione. He glared at Ron.

"Ron!" Harry said and Ron looked up at him, "Hermione was supposed to help me with my essay tonight!"

"Relax! I'm going to help Ron with half of it and then help you, Harry." Hermione confirmed and Harry dropped it and started to wait patiently for Hermione to finish. 

"Half? I thought you were going to help me with all of it!" Ron said, realization washing upon his face that he was going to have to do the rest of it by himself. 

"Yes, half. That should get you started and hopefully you can open up your books to write the half. It isn't that difficult if you read."

Ron huffed and relucantly picked up his book to get a start once Hermione finished. Then, Hermione came to Harry's paper and read through what he had already. She was grateful that he had already wrote a good eight inches, less work for her. 

"Thanks, Hermione, appreciate it," Harry smiled at her and Hermione smiled back. 

"You're a real life-saver," Ron chimed in and Hermione grinned. 

Hermione began to work and she finally finished. She realized that everyone around her was in deep conversation. They must've finished all their work. 

"The band was awesome, I thought!" Fred said and everyone nodded. 

"I agree! I think even the professors liked it!" Seamus piped in and everyone laughed. 

"Did you see Dumbledore? Totally killed it!"

Harry turned and looked at Hermione to see if she was still there. 

"Hermione, I never really got to hang out with you at the ball," Harry said and looked at her. Hermione didn't want him to know what really happened so she tried to change the subject, but before she could-

"Yeah, Hermione, what happened to you? I saw Krum with some blonde girl!" Lavender added loudly so now Hermione was officially in the conversation. And to make matters worse, the center of the conversation. 

"Oh, that. Well I actually didn't care. He wanted to dance with her and I-"

"That Krum! He is such a prat!" George interjected and Hermione was grateful because she really didn't know where she was going with this. 

Her cheeks were starting to heat up and Hermione tried to act calm, but she really didn't want to go any further into the topic. But, of course, being the teenagers they were, everyone else did.