Welcome to SPACE !

Recap: fab 5 performance. Manik Nandini accidental meet.

Nandini enters the principals office and gets seated in a chair opposite the principal.

Nandini: yes sir ? What did you call me for ?

Principal: first of all let me tell you, the performance in the morning was marvellous ! You guys never fail to surprise me !

Nandini: (smiling) what's there to surprise you sir ? You know it, fab 5 is the best always ! So, if we are giving another best performance then there's nothing to be surprised at .

Principal: certainly ! Now, Nandini I have called you because we have a new student in SPACE. His name is Manik malhotra. He is from New York and is here for the second year and is going to complete his musical graduation with us. Now I want you all that is fab 5 to help him and not bother him.

Nandini: (smiles playfully) sir if he is a new student and that too from New York then he definitely deserves special attention.

Principal: Nandini that's what I'm saying. Please don't bother him too much.

Nandini: not too much sir. Don't you worry.

Principal: I hope I don't need to keep worrying about that comment of yours. Now I have called him here right now, he must be coming. I'll introduce the two of you.

Just then the door half opens and Manik asks sir's permission to come in. As the principal permits him, he comes in and gets seated beside Nandini.

Nandini: so it's you ! Are you seriously from New York ?

Principal: Nandini ! Welcome to SPACE manik. This is Nandini murthy, part of a very famous band from our college, the fab 5.

Manik: I know sir. They are truly amazing. (He says all of this constantly looking at Nandini) nice to meet you ! (Extends his hand for a friendly handshake)

Nandini takes his hand and squeezes it slightly. "Ouch !"

Principal: what happened ?

Manik: nothing sir. I'm just in a shocked state of mind. Had never imagined I would have the honour of meeting a band member from fab 5.

Principal: haha ! You would get to meet the others as well. Nandini please go and show him around the college and introduce him to your friends as well. And I hope you remember what I said earlier.

Nandini: yes of course sir. Come Mr. New York !

They leave the principals office and Nandini leads him through the corridors towards the canteen. While they are walking, Manik walks behind her and does not reach up to her pace. After some time Nandini stops and turns around to face him.

Nandini: please don't try your smart tricks from New York and just walk beside me. What is it that is more interesting in walking behind ?

Manik: umm nothing. I was just following your footsteps.

Nandini: ha ha ha !! Following my footsteps ? Oh dear you still won't be able to reach where I am !

Manik: I don't even wish to. Okay if you don't like it, I'll walk beside you. Please.

Nandini just starts walking without replying. They reach the canteen and Nandini spots her friends and waves at them from a distance. They wave her back and are left confused at seeing the guy from the amphitheater walking with Nandini.

Nandini: so friends this is Mr. New York ! I mean he is from New York. And his name is, what's your name ? (Asks Manik)

Manik: Manik malhotra.