New Friedship

Recap: manik saves nandini and helps her with the special performance. Fab 5 win another chance to host musiciana for SPACE. Harshad tries to befriend nandini but nandini chooses manik who had helped her the other day.

After nandini explains to harshad, the meaning of friendship, he leaves with an irritated look as he had lost in front of manik. He knew this was going to be very difficult now as manik who was here to save nandini from his evil plans was now with her.

Nandini is still holding manik's hand and they keep staring into each other's eyes for quite some time.

Cabir: ahem ahem!

The eye lock is broken and the two of them look at the others.

Cabir: nandini you never told us. When and how did you make this new friend?

Manik is embarrassed and he starts taking his hand from nandini's but she does not let go.

Nandini: (looking into his eyes) yesterday when he saved our performance by taking my pain.

Dhruv: your pain? What had happened to you? You never told us anything.

Nandini: (still looking into manik's eyes) because he never let the pain reach me.

Navya: nandini you know what we can't understand a single thing that you are saying. Can you please explain it properly?

Manik: it was nothing.

Nandini: why nothing? (turning to face the others but still holding manik's hand) somebody had spiked my drink yesterday, those boys from the other college. It was their plan that when I take the drink and run to the washroom to puke, they would lock me inside so that I do not reach for the performance and we lose.

Aliya: what?? How dare they??

Nandini: not just that, they also had another plan in case this one failed. They had broken all the strings of my guitar as well.

Cabir: so this is manik's guitar that you are carrying and also performed with yesterday?

Nandini: yup! And he knew about the spiked drink and so he took away the drink from me and finished it off.

Mukti: that's great nandini but manik, why would you risk your life for someone else? (she looks at him doubtfully)

Manik thinks for a moment and then answers,

Manik: I wouldn't. I mean who would do that for an unknown person or for someone you have known only for a few days? I had no clue about the spiked drink. In fact don't you remember nandini I was coughing when I came to your green room and asked you if you could give me something to drink. For me water would have served the purpose but you only gave me that drink. I never took it on purpose and so it is clear I did not do anything to save you or your performance. And about the guitar, I saw that the strings of your guitar were broken and since I was there coincidentally with my guitar I offered it to you for the performance.

Nandini was left confused as to how did her thinking go wrong? She was still doubtful there was something else, something close to what she had thought of.

Cabir: umm okay so howsoever but you did help us win that performance yesterday and so we truly are thankful to you. And for now, guys we have a performance in college, in the amphitheatre. Remember, we have come to college after around 20 days so it's our show time!

Mukti: yes please. Let's get going.

They start moving towards the amphitheatre and nandini suddenly realises she still had manik's guitar and so turns around and comes back to him.