A friend in need is a friend indeed !

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY !!!

****

Recap: Manik comes across a heartbroken Mukti in the hospital as Abhi had been taken inside the ICU. Dhruv gets furious at Aliya for kissing him the other night and says things to her that break her heart into pieces.

Manik in his blue shorts and red tee shirt, is constantly moving up and down in his room making calls one after the other, his face reflecting nervousness and stress.

"No...No...No ! You don't understand doc ! I don't have 1 week ! So, if you're not in London, can't you send another doctor to India ASAP ?!"

"Arrgghh !! Fine" , disconnects the call on getting an unpleasant answer.

He dials another number, "Hello yes ! Mr. John ! This is Manik Malhotra from Malhotra group of Industries. "

Mr. John: Yes yes Mr. Malhotra. How can I help you ?

Manik: Doctor, I have a serious case of last stage blood cancer and I need your help ASAP !

Mr. John: Okay well I'm at my clinic right now. Just give me the address and I'll be there in half an hour.

Manik: No No Doc. I'm not in New York right now. I'm in India and the patient is here as well. I need you to fly down to Mumbai, India ASAP and check my patient.

Mr. John: Mr. Malhotra, how is that possible ? You know how important I am here for my hospital and my patients. How can I just leave everything and come ?

Manik: Doctor, you have to ! I don't care how you manage but you have to ! Don't worry about your fees. You'll be given twice your fees and all the expenses for travel and accommodation. What more ?

Mr. John: Okay Mr. Malhotra. I'll be there.

Manik: Great ! My manager will send you the tickets and communicate with you over the phone. See you in Mumbai.

He suddenly feels relieved at having arranged help for Abhimanyu. He had been imagining Mukti's face all this while and it ached him in the heart to see her cry for her love. He could not even imagine himself in her position if his love would be in that situation. He very well knew the meaning and implications of losing your love. He had been through it once when Nandini left New York with her family and did not want anyone else to suffer that. He immediately got changed into his blue denims and white shirt, put on his glasses and left for the hospital.

Aliya reached home and went straight to her bedroom. Her parents lived in London for their business and she was all alone at her place. At times she used to hang out at Mukti's or Nandini's place or she used to call them over so that she won't be alone but since the past few days it seemed to her as if she was all alone, all by herself. She got into her room, threw her bag on the bed and broke down there itself. All the tears she had been trying to avoid all the while came running down her eyes. She got down on the floor crying hard, her voice echoing in the whole house, yet no one to come up to her help. She was sitting beside the bed, with her head resting on the top of the bed, the bedsheet wet with her tears. All the cruel words spoken by Dhruv had been flowing in her mind.

"Why Aliya ? How could you do that ?" "I know, after Aryaman, things would have been difficult for you. You might have needed someone close."

She started talking while crying, "No Dhruv !! How could you even say that ?? That I wanted you just close ? Just physically close ? Is that it ? Wouldn't I have emotional feelings ?"

Manik reached hospital and rushed towards the doctor's cabin. He entered without knocking which startled the doctor at first but on seeing a concerned Manik he immediately greeted him and asked him to get seated.