Digging the past !

Recap: Abhi survives cancer. Manik and Nandini spend some time together and try to get to know each other well. Aliya confesses to Dhruv that she loves him. Harshad talks to Nandini about Manik and drops hints that Nandini might have known him from the time she was in New York.

Just as Harshad says those things about Manik, all the suspicions Nandini had had about Manik for a few days, started getting clearer. She realized he had never answered her questions like what was the file he always used to carry or why was he always wearing the spectacles. He had also remained silent about his past life in New York the other night when they were chatting over the cup of tea. Since the first day she saw him, she had got a feeling that she might have known him, but did not remember anything. She even asked chachi about it but she too denied. Now it was getting much more obvious that she might be knowing Manik somehow since the way Harshad was saying the things. Or maybe Harshad was just playing around ? She needed to know and so she immediately left for her home even though she was supposed to wait for Navya at the college gate and they were to go to the hospital together.

On reaching home, she straightaway went to her room without talking to chachi. Chachi too was left suspicious of such a behavior. She went upstairs and started searching about Manik Malhotra over the internet and social networking sites. She came across the information about Malhotra Industries and also found Manik on facebook but did not get any clue as to how and why would she have know him before they met in SPACE. However, she was really surprised to know about the huge Malhotra Industries of which Manik was the only heir. She also found that Manik had been doing extremely well in music in New York, he almost had a chance to launch his own album. So then why did he leave all that and fly over to India ? And why had he been hiding his identity from everyone ? These questions were making her more suspicious. She knew she could trust him but these doubts until cleared would not let her have full faith on him. 

She went downstairs to talk to chachi about it. She had asked chachi about her past life in New York and also about Manik before when she first met him in college but chachi had not revealed anything to her as instructed by Manik's father. 

Nandini: (climbing down the stairs) Chachi !! Chachi !! I need to talk to you.

Chachi: (coming out of the kitchen) What happened Nandu ? What's wrong ? 

Nandini: Chachi I'm going to ask you something and I want you to tell me the truth please !

Chachi: What is it Nandu ? You're making me nervous.

Nandini: You don't need to be nervous if you tell me the truth.

Chachi: What is it ?

Nandini: Chachi I've asked you this before and I'm again asking you. Do you have any idea about my childhood in New York and have you heard about Manik Malhotra from my parents ?

Chachi: (suddenly nervous) Nandu..You've asked me the same question before and I've told you there's nothing like that. Your parents had shared each and every thing about your childhood with us and Amma, and there was no mention of Manik.