A New Beginning

Sorry friends I know I am very late. Actually I just returned from my holiday a few days back and yes I know I used to write earlier even when I was on the holiday but the thing is that earlier I had a lot of travelling and so I did used to get some time to complete the parts but then later on I just could not spare enough time. I know it's been a while but I hope you missed this ff and you still enjoy reading it so go ahead...

****

Recap: Manik and Nandini came closer after Manik helped her convince her friends into her decision.

Nandini woke up the next day after their weekend farmhouse getaway and started getting ready for college. Just as she took her guitar and was about to leave her room did she realize the change. She realized the guitar was not her object anymore. She had changed her priorities now and the best part was that her friends and family were in support of her.

She kept the guitar back in it's place beside her study table and settled on the bed. She sat there thinking about how to go about the whole process of changing her education line when she heard a knock on the door. She was long lost in her thoughts and that made her take a bit longer to respond. She heard the knock the second time and looked up towards the door. She saw just the right person at the perfect time, Manik.

Nandini: Hey! Come in!

Manik: Hello! Good morning.

Nandini: Good morning. Don't you have to go to college?

Manik: Nope. Today's a break.

Nandini: Why?

Manik: Because...(pause) I have to help my girlfriend with her college admission process.

Nandini: (surprised) Girlfriend?! I'm your girlfriend?

Manik: Aren't you?

Nandini: I don't know.

Manik: Really? You don't know?! Well then why did you say "yes" yesterday when I said, "You know it Nandini".

Nandini: (mischievous smile) Oh! So that's what you meant?! I never realised!

Manik: Oh really?

Nandini: Yeah!

He started tickling her at that for pretending to be indifferent. She tried to resist laughing and also stop him from tickling but he was too strong for her. She kept laughing and screaming, "Manik stop! Just stop!". Soon she was lying on the bed with him above her, still tickling. None of them realised that their bodies came intensely close as they lay on the bed with Manik above Nandini, still tickling her. Suddenly, Manik's lips accidentally brushed her left cheek and that stopped the tickling. The sensations that began in their bodies were irresistible and not capable of being coupled with the tickling. Manik stopped the tickling but his hands still rested on her waist. He kept looking into her eyes as his hand started moving up from her waist to her back and up to her neck. He then cupped her face him his hand and started bringing her face closer. Nandini closed her eyes as her bare cheek came closer to his soft lips, and Manik was about to plant a soft peck on it when they heard Chachi call out, "Nandu! Breakfast is ready. Come fast."

Both of them instantly got separated and were out of the bed.

Nandini: (nervously) Umm chachi..breakfast..come lets go..

Manik: (fascinated to see her blushing) Yeah! Sure! I...I heard that. Let's go. And I'll share my research about your admission process in front of them all.

Soha went looking for Aryaman to his college as she had been dying to talk to him, to apologise to him for her rude behaviour. She tried calling him several times after the picnic but he never answered any of the calls.