«3» Wake Up

Inspired by the 5x14 promo // edit by me; @/tostydia on Instagram

[ this part is a one shot & imagine at the same time. This is the continuation of 5x13. ]

" Hi, um, I'm here to visit Lydia Martin. " Stiles says to the orderly by the counter. The man looks at Stiles and glares a bit.

" You don't wanna see her, kid. "
" Oh, trust me, I do wanna see her, please. "

The man sighs and a beep sound goes off. A police officer waits by the door. Stiles gulps.

Stiles pretty much followed the officer on their way in. It was the same thing as the last time Stiles was here, with all the stairs, the rooms with metallic sliding doors and long dark corridors.

The officer stops by one of the doors. Stiles watches as he slides it open. The officer stays outside with one palm on top of one hand. Stiles slowly walks in. And there, he saw Lydia lying down and staring at the ceiling. With her face, no expression found. She's not moving but she's, of course, alive.

Stiles looks at her with his face full of sympathy.
" Lydia? " he spoke with his voice, ragged.
" She won't move or talk. It's no use. " the officer said out of the blue.

Of course. Stiles almost forgot about what Theo did to her. He tapped into her memories. Thinking about it made Stiles want to kick his ass again. He softly clutched his fists before getting back to his self.

Stiles gives her a long look before he got back to reality and looked at the officer.

" Can you give us a minute? " Stiles asks. The officer glances at him before sliding the door close. Stiles looks at Lydia again.

He exhales softly and sits on a chair beside her bed. Stiles didn't know what to say to Lydia. Honestly, he just wanted to see her. He didn't even tell anyone he was gonna see her. Not even Scott.

Stiles plays with his fingers. But what Stiles didn't know is that Lydia's subconscious is standing right behind him along with Meredith Walker's.

Lydia watches him. For some reason, she can't stop. Meredith glances at both of them time by time.

" Lydia, " Stiles started. " I don't know if you hear me or not but, um, I need you to hear me out. " he looked at her but Lydia's body is still frozen. Lydia's subconscious presses her lips together listening carefully to whatever he'll say.

Stiles sniffs then wipes his nose for no reason. " Lydia, a lot has happened while you're gone. A lot of things are happening. We're trying to get everyone back. " Stiles whispers. His voice has been down since he was alone with her.

Lydia's subconscious listens. For some reason, she just wants cry and fall on her knees. She really wanted to wake up.

" Malia, she's... "

Lydia looked away at the sound of her name. Though, she didn't know why herself.

" She found her mom. As in the desert wolf. "

Lydia took a step close and swallowed.

" She doesn't want anyone to know about that but we do. She's trying to kill her mother. Along with Braeden to help her. "

" Oh, my God. " Lydia muttered.

" Kira's back. We got her back. Her homicidal fox spirit's gone. She passed the test. And Liam, well we're still working on him. " Stiles had a little smile on his face.

He then looks at Lydia. " But we're nothing without you, Lydia. "
Those words struck her heart hard. She felt like she was gonna cry now. Stiles sniffs and moves his chair closer to her.

" Lydia. " he whispered.
" Lydia. " he gently takes her hand in his but Lydia still takes no response.

" Lydia, you have to wake up. You have to come back to us. There's no way we can do this without you. " he said as he softly rubbed her fingers with his thumb.

Lydia presses her lips together feeling sadness and failure in her throat. " I can't. I can't, Stiles. " Her eyes started to get watery as she swallowed. Meredith is standing there listening to them and watching.

Stiles stays silent until he whispered," We need you. " Stiles paused for a moment.
" I need you. " he said.

" Stiles. " Lydia whispered then she wrapped her arms around his neck gently. She rubbed his shoulder. If only she could do something to give him a sign.

" I didn't tell anyone I was going to see you. Not even Scott. "
" Why? " Lydia asked.
" I um, " Stiles didn't continue what he said. Lydia looked at him. He softly stood up. Lydia let go of him and watched. Stiles leaned to Lydia's body and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Lydia hid her astonishment.
" I'll get you out of here. We all will. I promise. " he whispered. Then Stiles rubbed her hand one last time before letting go of it. He then went out of the room. Stiles took one last look at her before he got out. The officer guided him out. They closed the door again creating a loud sliding sound.

Lydia was speechless. She just stood there staring at the floor.
" Is he your boyfriend? " Meredith spoke. Her voice escaped Lydia off trance.
" No. He's with someone else. " she answered. Though, the words hurt her.
" I don't mean to brag but I think you two would make a perfect couple. "
Lydia didn't say anything.

>>
Awwee >.<
-not so sure if this a one shot or au. I'll make it a short story and write a continuation if I get ideas.
-Hope this was okay:)
-THE PROMO GOT ME WAY MORE INSPIRED THAN EXPECTED
-Check out my Instagram page for more edits: @/tostydia

THANK YOU FOR READING!
-Kate