«39» Firework Kisses

A New Year special! ❤

It was the New Year's Eve party. They'd always meet up in this one place. It was close to the beach. Bonfires were lit and disco music surrounded the atmosphere. People were also there singing karaoke drunk and the others wasted. Kids and teenagers played with a bunch of crackers and games. Teenagers, friends and families were there dancing, drinking and enjoying the last day of the year.

Stiles Stilinski brought a shot of tequila in his lungs in result of him gagging. He was challenged by Scott and Malia who watched and stayed with their bottles of beers. Stiles accepted another challenge with him jugging alcohol and so he did. Everyone who saw it jumped and cheered for him. The pack, mostly. To his surprise, he still wasn't drunk or close to throwing up though he was a bit dizzy. The rest of the last night of the year was spent with him looking for Lydia.

He received a text. It was Lydia.

He was relieved when he read her text which said, "Meet me at the tower. Asap."

Stiles was almost angry that she hadn't gone down with him so they'd celebrate new year's eve together with everyone. Everyone else had been looking for her as well. She had been gone from the party for almost two hours and now, it was close to midnight so there was only a few minutes left before the year ended.

Stiles went to the tower trying to contact Lydia with a bunch of calls and text but she hadn't replied a single one from them. He even left her a bunch of messages with him scolding her for disappearing on new year's eve.

Stiles sighed and locked his phone. He placed his hands on his waists and looked around him seeing that he was at the highest floor of the tower. The cold winter breeze touched his skin. The view from up there was astounding. The night sky and the stars looked so beautiful from there and you could see everyone from below celebrating. It was a great spot. He smiled breathing in and relaxing for a while.

Unfortunately, his moment was interrupted when he felt something poke his back. Stiles screamed like a girl and freaked. He heaved deeply and gripped his chest seeing it was only Lydia. She had he knuckles on her waists with an unamused look on her face. She had filled her mouth with air and she rolled her eyes looking everywhere but Stiles who closed his eyes and exhaled in relief.

" Lydia, what in the hell?! "
" No time, come on! "

Lydia took Stiles' hand and started running dragging him with her. The two went to more flights of stairs from the inside. They were going up. When they reached their destination, Stiles and Lydia found themselves at the very top of the tower where the winter breeze was much stronger and colder but it felt heavenly against their skin and the sight from there to the ground was terrifying!

Stiles' foot almost slipped. He yelped in fear which Lydia ignored and her again made a face.

" What are we doing here? " Stiles asked. Lydia sighed. " It's new year's eve, Stiles, and that means tonight's gonna be the night with the best fireworks ever and I don't wanna miss it and this place? This place is the perfect spot. " Lydia tapped the railings excitedly. She glanced her watch. " Only a few minutes left. "

Stiles creased his eyebrows.
" Okay. So, why did you bring me up here? "

Lydia's face softened and she looked down swiftly before turning around facing him. She held onto the railings from behind her. Stiles looked down at her beautiful green eyes.

" Who else would I want to spend the last minutes of the year with? " Lydia answered smiling at him.

Stiles looked at Lydia realizing her point. His face softened before he smiled at her and leaned close gently caressing her cheeks moving some of her hair out the way. They looked at each other for a while.

" I'm glad you chose me. "

His answer made her grin happily.

3...
2...
1...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Then, they both leaned into each other creating a deep and passionate kiss. Stiles cupped her face and kissed her passionately. Lydia let go of the railings and cupped his face as well. Both of their smiles against each other's lips.

Fireworks exploded from the sky above them. They slowly pull back from each other still smiling.

" Happy new year, Lydia. "
" Happy new year, Stiles. "

Happy New Year! :D

THANK YOU FOR READING!
-Kate