Chapter 9 - "Aria Oswald..."

'Clara stop. Lean back now' John demanded sweeping up and pulling up the hospital gown. 'God it's bleeding' John said knowing that she could have caused a bleed.

'What the hell happened?' Rory snapped running on the request of John pressing the emergency button for help.

'I need an ultra scanner now' John demanded. 'And her notes. Clara is there anything about anything that we should know? Allergies? Medications?' John asked motioning his hand forwards.

'No. No I was as healthy as a horse' Clara complained in agony but couldn't escape any thoughts in her head.

John huffed and puffed, pulling the scanner around and started rolling the scanner whilst staring at the monitor. He shook his head in annoyance. 'Right well your going back to theatre' John said shaking his head. 'Rory go and book a slot' John said.

'I didn't mean too' Clara begged, as John started fiddling with more wires and administered some more drugs.

'I know you didn't' he soothed her. 'Now can I tell the crèche that the babies name is Aria?'

'Yeah' she panted in annoyance that she was in pain. 'But -- I want her here. She-- you can't let him have her' Clara whined in a daze as she started to be forced towards sleep.

'Who's he?'

'My -- my Boyfriend. He can't have her' Clara whispered as she slipped away into a deep sleep.

'I don't think that's going to be a problem' John muttered, pushing the bed Clara was currently on up towards the lift.

- - -

'Is she going to cause a bleed every time she wakes up because if she is... Maybe we should just leave her asleep for ever?' Rory suggested.

'Rory' John scolded. 'This was not how I pictured my Monday morning going' John huffed pulling the awful gloves off and stomped out of theatre. 'Take her to the ward' John said.

Now that Clara was well and truly off the ventilator she could now move up to John's ward and he wouldn't have to go so far to check on her which he was thankful for.

'But put her in the room on her own' John yelled.

'What happens with the baby now?' Rory asked.

'I'll talk to Clara when she wakes up, and see what she wants. It could be a relative. God I don't look forward to telling her, her boyfriend his dead' he sighed, of course John couldn't shake the fact that Clara didn't want him to have the baby.

John mumbled and grumbled to himself as he headed towards the ward where he could see security were hanging around the area.

That didn't surprise him at all seeing as security spent more time in the Emergency Department than John would like to admit.

'Not today' John whined stepping in to see the ruckus and commotion coming from the ward only to be greeted by someone he could not be dealing with today.

His day really could not get any worse at the moment.

'My Daughter needs seeing now and I won't leave until she's been seen' a woman with long blonde hair demanded.

Not John's typical idea of a date but she was naturally brown which was what attracted him to her once upon a time.

'Mummy' a small child gasped.

'If you would just sit down and we'll send someone over' the receptionist said but it was clear the child was in discomfort and struggling very quickly to breathe.

'John isn't that--'

'Don't say a word' John said going to turn away.

'Do t you dare John. Go and do your job' Rory scolded as John grimaced knowing that he was right and could have killed himself right here.

So John buzzed open the door while a security guard that he recognised to be Officer Madden - Clara's on watch police officer - restraint and holding back John's ex-wife.

'Right shows over people. Everyone go back to what you were doing' John muttered, crouching down to the girl who was about to pass out. 'Rory hand me that mask' John said pointing at a mask.

'Now just breathe deeply for me Adie John said giving her a demonstration of how to breathe deeply into the mask and gently lifted the four year old from her feet and into the bed that was visibly in front of them. 'What the hell is going on here Rosie?' John sighed, making everyone around the scene move away.

'She -- she ate something with nuts in and then she said she couldn't breathe' Rosie panicked.

'Did you use the pen? Has she had some adrenaline?' John asked checking her pulse on her wrist.

'Yes. Once' Rosie nodded. 'It's okay my little baby girl. Your going to be okay' Rosie says practically suffocating the poor kid.

'Mummy get off me' Adalyn snapped pushing her extremely over dramatic mother away from her.

John smirked and tapped Adie's inner elbow. 'Rory can you get about a litre of saline attached to a drip and find me an IV small enough for a 4 year old' John asked.

He then grabbed a brown dish which contained pretty much what he would need.

He pushed the hair out of the little girls face and looked at her deep green eyes just like his.

'I need you to be a big girl okay? I need to take some of your blood and then put this in your hand but then I'll find you a sticker and a very yummy bag of crisps?' John bargained.

Her eyes got bigger and she nodded knowing that was something she could agree too.

'Rosie maybe you could take a step back - and go get a drink or something?' John suggested.

'And leave her parent less?'

'What the fu-- what do I look like? A tin of baked beans?' John scoffed.

'Fine. Fine' she tutted. 'Daddy will be here soon I promise honey' she said kissing the field head.

Adie just winced away from the woman's touch and shivered.

'Daddy is right here?' John said as if it was obvious but Rosie chose to ignore it and ran out of the ward.