Chapter 48 - "Rumours..."

'Jesus. Was you supposed to be standing right there?' Clara said as she crouched right down and saw how much blood was gushing from his nose.

John blinked heavily as tears streamed from his eyes. Not because he was in pain but because it just happens. He hit his nose with force on the door and felt it jolt right through his nose and his head.

'I'm fine. Door just got in my way' he scoffed, as she grabbed some paper towels and pushed them on his face, making him hold them too and helping him up.

'Good job were in a broom cupboard. As many paper towels as you could possibly wish for' Clara smirked down at him and he just shook his head. 'Come on. Better get you to the ward. That probably needs an x ray' she said as his words were all muffled by the paper towels and blood everywhere.

- - -

'What the hell?' Rory muttered knowing that it's not a day without something dramatic happening.

'It's just a bit of blood' John scoffed sitting down in his office. 'It will clear up on its own' he said dropping the paper towels as Clara grabbed the bottom of his chin and analysed it.

'Hmm. Looks pretty bad. But it doesn't look broken. Just bruised' she said unable to keep the smirk from her face in this moment.

'It's not funny. Rory can you make sure that guy and his kid have been discharged and off the premises'

'You saying he did this?'

'If he hadn't cornered me in the cupboard then I wouldn't have been in the way when Clara opened the door' John nodded, blaming anyone but himself and was scolding how much it hurt right now.

To be fair if he hadn't have sneaked out to the broom cupboard for sex with Clara it probably wouldn't have happened at all - so if it was anyone's fault it was really his and he knew that.

Clara grabbed a bowl of water and a cloth, dabbing it gently to his nose, and around the bruised and bloody area, gently massaging his face and smiling down at him.

'You know... Your eyes are really green' she said having not noticed it properly before.

'And yours are very brown' John chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist and gripping it with his large hand pulling her carefully to sit on his lap as she continued to clean his nose.

'You should have an x ray John. Just to double check its not broken' she instructed but she knew John wouldn't listen to her so she gave up quickly and took to kissing him instead after placing some strips on his nose.

- - -

'Do you have to go? It's so warm here' Clara pouted, as she snuggled closer into John's warmth the following morning.

Having had the "accident" in the broom cupboard the evening before - John and Clara had left early so that he could get home and sleep.

Of course they didn't do a whole lot of sleeping but they did however get to see their kids down to bed for the first time in a couple of days seeing as they had been working mostly late's.

'Unfortunately yes. I need to go home and get some stuff. I've not been back to my flat in days Clara'

'Yeah. But you've got everything you could possibly need here. You've got me' she smiled, pulling him back down on the bed and kissed him sleepily trying to win him over but John wasn't having any of it.

'Hmm. I don't think your panties are really going to keep my junk in the case Clara. I'll see you at work and come back later' John suggested as she pouted. 'I promise I'll come back tonight' John said kissing her and jumping out of bed. 'I've got to take Adie to school anyway' John pointed out.