Chapter 32 - "Good Start..."

'Shit that was good' Clara breathed, as John rolled off her and both bodies panted in the bed.

'Your telling me' John said breathing just as heavily trying to regain himself but he was pretty sure if he even dared to touch himself he would still be mid orgasm. 'That was amazing'

'Hmm. And you weren't half bad. How long did you say it had been since you last had sex?'

'I'd rather not say' he grumbled embarrassedly.

'One? Two years?'

'More like 3 and a half' he admitted.

'Wow. You've not lost your touch then. It's no wonder that wife of yours was not wanting to let you go' she smirked.

'Yeah well there's more to a relationship than just sex Clara. You of all people would know that' John said kind of invading her personal privacy which was against his code of conduct.

'Aria may have been an accident but I don't regret that accident. I wouldn't get rid of her or change it if the world offered me a second chance' she admitted. 'Now. I think it's time for a sleep' she said rolling over towards John and arrows his very muscly and very naked stomach.

John watched Clara close her eyes before glancing up to the clock on the bedside table. 'Fuck me. Is that the time' John snapped, rolling out of bed and shrugging some clothes on mega fast.

He was a good 50 minutes from the hospital and his shift starts in 40 minutes. Without rush hour traffic and going home for a shower.

'How long did we go at it? It's Fucking ten past 1' John said in a rush.

'Well like you said. It had been a while and you enjoyed it so what's the problem?'

'The problem is I'm due at work in 40 minutes and I'm a good 50 minutes away' John said.

He didn't even have time to brush his hair, he just looked at himself in the mirror and pushed his hand through it hoping that that would do and buttoned up his shirt.

'This has been great. I mean it's been more than great but I really have to go' John said making Clara pout knowing that this time there was no way he was going to come back.

'Rory. Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Your due on at 3. I need to you to stop via mine and grab some jeans, new pants and my ID. I'll explain later. And make sure Adie gets to the nanny okay. Yeah. Thanks dude' John threw down the phone.

He didn't even have time to think right now. 'Seriously. I'll call you' John said pecking her on the mouth, assuming that was the gentlemanly thing to do, leaving Clara to collapses on the bed.

He was definitely the best sex she had ever had.

'There's a woman in room 634. Charge the room and mini bar charges to my card yeah?' John asked allowing them to swipe his card and ran from the hotel, heading towards London.

Fuck his day was not off to a good start.

- - -

He really didn't know what to do about his hair, but figured he was late already so stopped in the closest Sainsbury's and bought the strongest paracetamol he could for his head and stopped for a coffee, before running (very literally) to the hospital.

'Ugh. Dude. Your a life saver' John said, as he took the rucksack from Rory stuffing the drugs in there and sifting though for his ID so he could even get near the hospital.

'Where the hell have you been? You never called. Amy's been loosing her shit' Rory scolded following after him.

'It's complicated' John said, trying to do something with his post sex hair but it was proving impossible.

'Complicated how?' Rory demanded not dropping this considering John was now closer to arriving at Rory's shift time rather than his own. He figured he could just play it off as starting at 3 instead an work until midnight. 'Have you been with someone?' Rory asked suddenly excited.

'Yes. Okay. Now let's drop it'

'All morning as well as last night. She must like ya' Rory smirked not wanting to let this drop.

'Yeah. I'm not so sure. You wouldn't approve anyway, so let's just get in' John said, heading towards the hospital entrance.

'Aww come on. Was she hot?'

'It was Clara Rory' John yelled.

Rory's eyes widened knowing that girl would come to bite John back in the ass after being discharged. Ironic how the minute he comes back into the country that she's on his case again.

Rory supposes that she sees him as an easy target to get money or sex out of and eve identity he was right. But he normally is.

He was about to object to the whole situation and call John an absolute idiot when there was a crash meters from where they stood.

They literally watched as a blue car went zooming into a tree outside the ED.

John shrugged, throwing his bag over his back and ran towards the problem, as people surrounded the car. 'Out the way' John yelled climbing through everyone, and opened the car door. 'It's alright sweetheart. What happened?' John asked, stealing the torch in Rory's pocket and checking her eyes.

'I-- I just blacked out' she stuttered.

'It's okay. You got a name?' John asked, carefully bracing her neck and looking at her eyes. 'Hey a board we'll take her straight to the ED' John said.

'Cindy'

'Nice name Cindy. Let's get you inside and we'll check you out. I'm John and I'm going to help' John smiled trying to assure her.

The woman had to be in her 60's and John figured a neurological condition and debated taking her straight up to the heart ward but figured it's best to run the provisional tests and rule out anything else fist.

'Rory call ahead to the Heart Ward. We may need to send her up there' John said, as they got Cindy on the bed and pushed her in. 'Wait' John snapped feeling for a pulse. 'She's in VF. Let's get her to the ED as quick as possible' John yelled jumping on the table.