Chapter 11: Christian

Song: Carry On by Fun

----------

Chapter 11: Christian

Well I’m Christian Santiago, Beth’s best friend and Harper’s big brother. It’s weird saying that. Harper’s brother. I have a brother. Now you’re probably wondering why I have a chapter. Who cares about Beth’s best friend and Harper’s brother right? He’s not even a main character! He’s just one of the ones that fills in gaps and is convenient in some storylines. Well apologies but I got my own storyline. As you’ve probably guessed, Beth is beautiful. I mean who doesn’t know that. And I am absolutely crazy about her. So I decided to surprise her. Beth has been estranged from her family since she was twelve. She ran away from home. When she left, her mother had a baby. Beth has a sister and she doesn’t know.

                I decided I should find Beth’s sister and see if she knows anything about Beth. If not, I could build a bridge for them both. I’ve arrived at what I assume is Beth’s sister’s house so we’re going to go in and see. I knock hesitantly on the door and it opens to reveal a very pretty girl with red hair.

“Sorry I must have the wrong house.” I say.

“Who are you looking for?” She asks.

“Katherine Coventry.”

“I’m Katherine.” She replies.

“Ah. The reason I’m here is a little strange actually.”

“Would you like to come in and explain this to me?” She asks.

I nod and follow her into the house.

“Have a seat.” She says, pointing to the sofa. “Tea?”

I nod. “Please.”

She comes back in a few minutes later and hands me the tea.

“So why are you here?”

                “Well let me introduce myself. My name is Christian Santiago. I have a friend. My best friend. Her name is Beth. Beth Coventry.”

“Yes?”

“I think she’s your sister.”

“Oh my God.”

“What?”

“Elizabeth? You know my sister?”

“You know about her?”

Katherine nods, tears welling in her eyes. “My parents told me about her. She ran away from home before I was born.”

I nod.

“Can I see her?” Katherine asks eagerly.

“She doesn’t know about you.”

Katherine’s face falls. “Oh.”

“It’s okay. I’m going to talk her into doing some family research. If she finds out about you she might want to meet you.”

Katherine nods. “This is a nice thing you’re doing Christian.”

I smile. I just hope Beth agrees.