Chapter 45: Beth

Song: Pretend by Lights

----------

Chapter 45- Beth

“Okay guys.” I call.

Everyone huddles together.

“I don’t want to think about losing any of you, but I might.”

I look around the circle at my family. Chris has his arm around my shoulder and I’m clutching Tori’s hand. Nova and Phoenix are hugging each other tightly, her head resting on his shoulder. Orlando and Brook are both hugging each other and so are Harper and Lucia. Damien has his arm around Ada who is holding Toby’s hand tightly. Flo, Vie, Geneva and Paris are huddled together in a hug and Shelton and Kyoto are hugging each other. Travis and London are hugging each other and Dakota is wedged between them and Kath and Harry are huddled together, holding hands.

“I love you guys.” I say. “We’ve welcomed and soon will welcome family members and hopefully find lost ones. But before that, I want to share some news with my family.”

I feel Chris squeeze my hand and I smile.

“Christian and I are expecting.”

Nova looks up.

“Does this mean I get to keep her?!”

I nod. “I shredded the letter.”

She buries her face in Phoenix’s shoulder, who is smiling happily. 

                Lucia raises her hand hesitantly.

“Harper and I also have news.” She says.

“If you’re pregnant I will kill both of you.” Orlando warns.

Lucia shakes her head. “No no. We’re engaged!” She says with a smile.

“Congratulations!” I say, hugging them both.

“We decided on a name.” Phoenix says.

I look at Nova who smiles.

“Isabelle Beth Reece.” She says.

I smile.

“I’ve loved the name Isabelle ever since I was a little girl and Beth, you’ve helped us more than anyone.”

I smile.

                “I’m going back to England next week.” Toby says quietly.

Ada lets out a strangled cry and throws herself at him. He hugs her and she pulls back, her tear stained face pulled into a frown.

“You can’t leave. We- I need you.” She says.

She wraps her arms around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder but still holding onto Damien’s hand.

Brook then takes a deep breath.

“I know how to kill the demon.” She whispers.

Everyone’s heads snap towards her.

“How?!” Harper asks.

“He needs to be stabbed four times. Once in the heart, spine, head and left hand. But I have to do it.”

“How do you know that?” Kyoto asks.

“Austin told me when he wasn’t possessed.”

I sigh. I’d so hoped I wouldn’t lose anyone.