Chapter 44: Brook

Song: Could we Start Again Please? from Jesus Christ Superstar

---------

Chapter 44- Brook

What can I say? Faith is wavering. Kyoto’s back but until we can defeat the demon, no one’s safe. The complex has been destroyed so we have to camp out. Everyone’s here though, even some who aren’t part of this world. I’m here and so are Orlando, Travis, London and Dakota. Beth, Christian and Tori are here and so are Nova and Phoenix, much to Beth’s dismay. Geneva, Flo, Paris and Vie are all huddled together and so are Ada, Toby and Damien although Damien does not look pleased. Kyoto and Shelton are sat near the girls and Harper and Luc are huddled together in a corner. Beth’s brother and sister, Harry and Katherine are sitting together, hugging each other. Things are looking bleak and knowing that Austin is causing this pain is cruel.

                I think the silence will kill me when I hear the guitar. I look up and see Harper sitting on a tree stump, strumming the guitar. Luc is sitting on a blanket, leaning against his legs and Nova and Phoenix who are sat close by smile and Nova begins to sing.

“I’ve been living to see you. Dying to see you but it shouldn’t be like this.”

Harper then joins in.

“This was unexpected, what do I do now? Could we start again please? Could we start again please?”

Then Beth and Luc begin to sing.

“I’ve been very hopeful so far. Now for the first time I think we’re going wrong.”

Then Christian and Phoenix join Nova, Luc, Beth and Harper.

“Hurry up and tell me that this is all a dream. Could we start again please? Could we start again?” 

Then all the boys sing.

“I think you’ve made your point now.”

Then the girls.

“You’ve even gone a bit too far to get your message home.”

Then Phoenix and Harper sing.

“Before it gets too frightening, we ought to call a halt.”

Then Nova.

“So could we start again please?”

Then everyone sing together.

“Could we start again please?”

Ada comes over and gives me a hug and we sing the next part together.

“I’ve been living to see you. Dying to see you but it shouldn’t be like this.”

Then Damien and Toby sing together.

“This was unexpected, what do I do now?”

Then everyone joins in.

“Could we start again please? Could we start again please?”

Then all the boys sing together.

“I think you’ve made your point now.”

Then the girls.

“You’ve even gone a bit too far to get the message home.”

Then Christian and Beth sing.

“Before it gets too frightening we ought to call a halt.”

Then Luc and Ada.

“So could we start again please?”

Then everyone.

“Could we start again please?”

Then Harper.

“Could we start again please?”

Then everyone finishes.

“Could we start again?”

                Beth sighs and catches a stray tear.

“I wish we could start again.”