Chapter 50: Brook

Song: Lean On Me by Glee Cast

----------

Chapter 50- Epilogue (Brook)

I started telling you this story, almost fourteen years ago so it seems almost fitting that I end this story for you. Here is the beginning of a rather long and strange epilogue. But what can I say? We’re not telling a regular story here. It’s been thirteen, almost fourteen years since the battle. Toby’s death was painful for us all, Ada especially. She loved him so much, just not in the same way that she loves Damien. Toby saved Beth and her baby and for that we’re all eternally grateful. But enough of the sad tales, let’s find out what everyone’s been up to.

                I did in fact end up marrying Austin. There are still times when he cries and whenever he sees my scar he kisses me and says he’s so sorry. He’ll never forgive himself for what the demon did but I never blamed him and as long as he knows that, I’m satisfied that we can be happy together for a very long time. We have two daughters, who much to my dismay and Austin’s delight look exactly like me. Jade is six and Imogen is four. 

                Luc and Harper got married four years after the battle when Luc was 20. At their wedding reception Harper announced that they were in fact expecting a baby. Orlando pretended to be angry but he absolutely dotes on his nephew. Luc and Harper now have two children, Jonathan who’s nine and Carley who’s six.

                Ada and Damien did eventually get married, only this year when their son Toby turned eight. She was so against it but eventually she came around. It was so hard for her to be married and she was diagnosed with depression. She’s better now and works as a grief counsellor. She seems to be happy and little Toby is so sweet.

                Shelton admitted the truth to everyone. He’s single at the moment although I suppose anything is possible. Kyoto lives in Cleveland with his girlfriend Maria. Paris and her boyfriend Danny recently relocated to Cambridge, England with their twins Caroline and Nicholas. Geneva is mentoring an art course in Paris, Flo moved to Milan and is working at a big fashion label there and Vie moved to Tokyo and opened a shoe shop.

                London and Travis moved to Vienna and opened up a music school there. Dakota now runs the New York complex, one of four complexes in the world now. The other three are in Moscow, Buenos Aires and Madrid. Dakota runs the New York complex with her husband Leo. Their daughter Nina inherited Dakota’s gift.  Orlando admitted that he liked me before the battle but after we visited Nova, Phoenix and baby Isabelle -Isa for short- at the hospital he said he was over it. He now lives in California with his children Zack and Lea. Their mother Elinor died when six year old Lea was born. They often come to visit me, Austin and the girls.

                Nova and Phoenix’s beautiful daughter Isa is now almost fourteen years old. Phoenix is ever the protective dad but he absolutely dotes on her. They recently adopted twins from South Korea after Nova vowed to never have a child of her own again. The twins, Francesca and Isaac are seven. Isa is also not a carrier nor sufferer of either of Phoenix’s cursed genes. Score! 

                Beth’s brother Harry recently married and he is expecting a baby girl with his wife Lily. They’re going to name her Rosie. Beth’s sister Katherine is also expecting a baby with her husband Robert. He was a henchman of the demon’s and the only known sufferer alive of the stone curse. But when he met Kath, the curse was broken. True love!

                Beth and Christian’s daughter, Charlotte Elise Santiago was born when baby Isa was five months old, five months to the day after the battle. She’s thirteen now and her and Isa are best friends which is nice as it gives Beth and Nova an excuse to catch up all the time.

                Life is good. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I don’t think any of us would. Those few months were tough but well worth the outcome, aside from Toby’s death. We can all finally be happy. All us unnatural misfits.