Chapter 14: Lucia

Song: Love Story by Taylor Swift

----------

Chapter 14: Lucia

Well I haven't spoken to you guys for a while. Apologies for that. I've been busy helping Harper with Dakota. They're really great friends now. I bet Ada and Brook have been saying all kinds of things about us. And although the earrings he gave me were beautiful, Harper and I are just friends. Everyone thinks he's a cold person but he's really sweet. The reality is, Harper's just shy. He doesn't like being around people.  

So anyways, Ada and Brook have gone to some beach party tonight. Ada invited me to go but I didn't really feel like it. Everyone's off doing something. Phoenix has gone somewhere. Nova's disappeared. Austin, Brook and Ada have gone to the beach. Flo, Vie, Geneva and Paris have gone into town with Kyoto, Orlando and Shelton. Travis is in his room and Dakota and London are watching a movie in Dakota's room. Beth has gone to see Mr Santiago, which just leaves Harper and I. So I decided to be bold and ask him if he wanted to watch a movie.  

"Hey Harper. Since everyone's busy, do you feel like watching a movie?" I ask at dinner.  

We're the only two in the dining room. Travis, Dakota and London ate earlier.  

Harper nods. "Sure. Do you have a movie in mind?"  

I shrug.  

"What's your favourite movie?" Harper asks.  

"That's a hard one. I guess it's a tie between Never Let Me Go and Les Mis." I say with a smile.  

"Really?" Harper asks.  

I nod. "Definitely. Why? What's your favourite movie?"  

Harper shrugs. "X Men First Class I guess."  

I smile. "That's good."  

"You've seen it?"  

I nod.  

"Cool. I'll be in the lounge in twenty minutes." Harper says.  

I nod and go to the kitchen to find popcorn.  

When I finally find popcorn and get to the lounge, Harper is casually sitting on the sofa scribbling on a notepad.  

"What're you doing?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the chair beside him.  

"Designing a new tattoo." He says absentmindedly.  

"Have you picked out a movie?" I ask.  

Harper shakes his head. "I was waiting for you."  

I smile. "Well what do you want to watch?"  

Harper shrugs and we go over to the DVD cabinet.  

"I love this movie!" I say, picking out one of the DVD's.  

"What is it?"  

"Letters to Juliet. Fantastic film." I say with a smile.  

"Should we watch that?" Harper asks.  

I shrug. "If you want. I wouldn't have thought it was your kind of movie."  

Harper smirks. "What is my kind of movie?"  

I shrug. "Let's watch this."  

Harper nods and sits down on the sofa while I put the DVD on. I sit down beside him and settle down to watch the movie.  

By the time the movie ends Harper and I are both tired, I'm resting my head on his shoulder, my eyelids drooping.  

"Did you enjoy that?" I ask.  

Harper nods. "It was interesting. Verona. It seems so amazing."  

I nod. "I've always wanted to go there. The city of love and all."  

Harper nods.  

I smile and stand up.  

"Where are you going?" He asks.  

"When I first saw the trailer for this movie, Taylor Swift's song Love Story was there. I was kind of upset when it didn't feature properly in the movie so my tradition is to always play it after watching that movie."  

Harper laughs as I grab my phone and open the music library. I press Love Story and the soft music begins to play.  

"Dance with me!" I say, pulling Harper to his feet.  

He laughs. "Fine."  

His arms encircle my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck, resting my head against his chest.  

"I'm really glad we're friends." He whispers into my hair.  

I nod. "Me too. I've never met anyone quite like you Harper."  

I lift my head and see him smiling.  

"What?" I ask.  

He shakes his head. "Nothing. You're just really different to how I thought you'd be."  

I laugh and rest my head against his chest again.  

"I like your earrings." He says with a smirk.  

I laugh. I'm wearing the earrings he gave me.  

"The person who gave them to me is very generous and has great taste."  

"Thank you." He whispers.  

I lift my head and to my utmost surprise, Harper kisses me.

----------

Love Story by Taylor Swift ----->