Chapter 27: Ada

Song: Our Last Summer by Mamma Mia Cast

----------

Chapter 27: Ada

So you probably want to know all about the movie with Toby. Well in actual fact we stayed in. He came to pick me up and suggested that we stay in. I agree and we settle down to watch Mamma Mia. My Spirited Away DVD was ruined which I unhappily told Toby when he asked about my favourite film. He laughed and promised that if he saw a DVD he would buy in for me.

                I realise I have fallen asleep when I wake up and check the time. In actual fact, I have slept the whole night. I look around and almost scream when I see Toby lying beside me. I shake him gently and smile at him when he opens his eyes.

“Hey.” He says sitting up wearily.

“How are you still here?” I ask.

“You fell asleep on me last night. You looked so peaceful that I didn’t want to move you.”

I smile and feel myself blush. “Well aren’t you such a gentleman Mr Stewart?”

I lean up and kiss his cheek and now it’s Toby’s turn to blush.

“Let’s go outside. I want to show you the rose garden.”

Toby nods and pulls on his shoes.

                Toby follows me outside and I take his hand, pulling him towards the garden. We arrive but I don’t let go of his hand. Something about being with Toby makes me feel safe. It’s different to how I feel with Damien. Being with Damien makes me feel excited and on edge. Like I’m on a never ending rollercoaster. Toby just makes me feel safe. He’s the human equivalent of a walk on the beach on a summer evening. Beautiful for the soul and very romantic. Damien on the other hand, well he’s like scaling the Empire State Building with no safety wire. I think I might be falling for Toby which scared me because I like Damien too. In truth, love sucks.

----------

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter. But I hope you find how sweet it is and reason to forgive me! More updates tomorrow if I finish reading The Fault in Our Stars for the fifth time!

Thanks for reading!

Sarah xx