Chapter 13: Ada

Song: We Are Young by Fun Ft. Janelle Monae

----------

Chapter 13: Ada

I’m back! Well today is a Saturday! You know what that means! I have a date with Damien today. Austin invited Brook to the beach party so they’ll be there too. I asked Lucia if she wanted to come but she said she was going to stay here and watch a movie. I figured she might want to stay and spend time with Harper. They’re such a sweet couple. It’s only a matter of time before they get together!

                Anyways, I can’t decide what dress to wear. Purple or blue? Grr! Why do dates have to be so awkward and hard to find clothes for?! Screw it, I’m going with blue. I’m really excited but I’m also really anxious. I’ve spoken to Damien twice in my entire life and now I’m going on a date with him. Maybe this isn’t such a good idea. No. Stop Ada! You’re just nervous. You deserve this. You deserve to have a shot with a guy. Lucia has Harper and Brook has Austin. It’s your turn! 

                It’s nearing 6.45. Brook and Austin said they’d meet me at my room so we could go to the beach. Damien said he’d meet me there. There’s the door. It must be Brook. I grab my purse and my phone and go to answer the door.

“Well Miss Adelaide. You’re going to be breaking some hearts tonight!” Brook says with a chuckle.

“You look beautiful Brook.” I say with a smile.

“Thanks. I stole Lucia’s pink dress. I figured she wouldn’t be wearing it tonight!”

“Let’s go. I don’t want to be late!”

Brook smirks.

“Where’s Austin?” I ask.

“He went out somewhere this afternoon. He said he’d meet me at the beach.” Brook says.

I nod and we make our way to the beach.

                I see Damien as soon as we arrive. He’s casually leaning against the beach shack looking around.

“See Austin?” I ask Brook.

She nods and points about ten feet away from Damien. She walks over to Austin and Damien catches my eye and smiles. He stands up straight and walks over to me.

“You look beautiful Ada.” He says.

I smile. “Thank you.”

“Would you like a drink?”

I nod.

“Stay here. I’ll be right back.”

I look around and catch the eye of someone very familiar. The boy runs over.

“Ada! How are you?”

Toby!

“I’m fine thanks. How are you?”

He nods. “Ok. Settling into new school life. I just transferred from England so everything’s a little crazy. My sister just moved to Adelaide, Australia.”

I chuckle.

“What’s funny?” Toby asks.

“Adelaide. That’s what Ada’s short for.”

“Well then Adelaide. I shall see you around.” Toby says with a smirk.

I smile. “Bye Toby.”

Damien walks back over carrying two drinks.

“Who was that Ada?”

“Just a friend. His name is Toby. He just transferred here from England.”

Damien nods. “Let’s dance.”

                We spend the night dancing and Damien introduces me to some of his friends. In return I introduce him to Austin and he sees Brook again. Then I hear the intro to Don’t Speak.

“Come on Ada. We have to dance to your ringtone! Last dance of the night!”

I nod and allow Damien to pull me to the middle of the beach where everyone is dancing. When the song ends, Damien takes my hand and we start walking up the beach. I shiver slightly and Damien smiles at me.

“Cold?” He asks.

I nod.

Damien takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders. I smile and we walk back to the complex. When we get there, Damien stops outside the door.

“Thanks for a great night Ada.”

I smile. “Thanks for inviting me.”

I hand him his jacket back. It smelled like him.

“I’ll see you soon.” Damien says.

I nod.

“Goodnight.” He says, kissing my cheek.

I blush. “Goodnight Damien.”

He smiles and starts walking down the path.

Best night ever!