~Chapter 3~

Ryan's POV

Halsey would be visiting today. Ryan couldn't wait of course. He hasn't seen her in forever and just yesterday she was at his house where he and Z lived. God, you should've seen his face when she stood in the doorway. So bright and so happy, like nothing hurt her in her entire lifeline. And he wished that nothing had. He wished that he hadn't hurt her back then.

But this is now. He waited on the couch. Z was at work. She thought he was being completely stupid when he told her how Halsey had a boyfriend of 5 years already. She thought he was stupid because he was gonna try and win her heart, but without trying to break them up. He would wait a million years for her. She was that special.

He sighed. He missed her ever since she left. He talked on the phone with her before they both went to bed to plan this visit out. She said that she'd bring Josh with her. I got a little pissed, but let it go. Screw him, he thought. He wanted her to be his. Only his.

The doorbell rang. Ryan jumped off the couch to sprint to the door. He saw her and her boyfriend standing there. Josh looked lost. Halsey knew where she was already. She actually wanted to be here. She wore a loose sweater and her hair was up this time.

 Josh wore a loose tank top that matched with her sweater and you could see his nice tattoos

Josh wore a loose tank top that matched with her sweater and you could see his nice tattoos. Ryan hoped they didn't have matching tattoos. That would be sad. Couples would normally get matching ones if they actually want to stay together.

For all he knew, they wanted to stay together. What the hell is he thinking? He wondered why he was still in love when she clearly moved on many years ago. God, he was pathetic.

" Come in," Ryan smiled and let them both through. He closed the door behind him. Halsey led Josh into the living room. They both sat down on the couch. " How are you guys?"

" I'm fine," Halsey smiled. She looked at Josh, like she wanted him to say something nice. Ryan wondered why the hell he was here. It should be only them. They have history. No one like a third wheel. Josh shouldn't be here, he thought. It should only be them.

" I'm great, thanks. So do you have a girlfriend?" Josh asked a bit too fast. Halsey had an embarrassed look on her face. Jealous. Ryan was laughing in his head. But he understood why he'd be jealous. Oh, if only she told him about their history together. They were everything. And Halsey is a girl to be jealous over. She's a different kind of thing. She could be like ice cream on a cold day or tea on a hot day. She was different. That was something to be jealous over.

" Yup. Her name is Helena Vestergaard. Been dating her for a very long time. But she lives in LA. Why do you ask?" Ryan asked him. He wondered if he'd be truthful and say, oh just wanted to know so you don't have the hots for my girlfriend. Hell. He wouldn't. He knows how guys work.

" Just wondering," he replied.

Halsey sighed. " Anyways, where's Z? We could all go out today and have some lunch? It's a pretty day," she said. It's pretty because of you. She made everything beautiful.