~Chapter 7~

Halsey's POV

Soon, Halsey unlocked her door and went inside. She went shopping to match her new hairstyle. Josh still wasn't home and he didn't reply to her text. She wanted to cry about it, but all these years, she's been strong. She hasn't shed a tear in a very long time.

She changed into a big FOB tee and ankle socks. She made herself something to eat and sat on the couch. She turned on the TV and saw that one of her favorite shows were on. She ate and watched. In the moment she thought to herself, I should get a puppy. She was feeling that lonely. She shrugged it off and continued eating.

Ryan's POV

Rose sat right in front of them. He invited her to eat out with him. She wore a summer dress along with white messed-up converse. Her hair was messy and curled. She didn't wear makeup. She has natural beauty. Amazing. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

" We're friends, right?" She asked him. He nodded. She looked down at the table and played with her fingers. It didn't look like the answer she wanted. He slowly took her hand in his. She looked up at him and her breathing hitched. " Friends." She pulled away to quickly.

" Friends," he confirmed. He waited for their food to get there. " Do you want to be more than that or something?" He asked. She chuckled. She knew he was being clueless. Z even pointed it out for him. She said that Rose hasn't stopped talking about Ryan ever since the party.

" Something like that. But it doesn't matter." She sipped her big drink. She looked him with those pretty eyes.

" How could guys not like you?" He asked her

" How could guys not like you?" He asked her. He was so confused. Looking at her..he can't even believe he's in her presence right now. She giggled. " I'm serious, Rose. I'm looking at you...I don't understand! Okay, you're hot as fuck and crazy fun. I don't see how guys aren't lining up for you."

" Well, in New York, guys don't want crazy and LOUD. They don't dig that stuff apparently. I bet you don't even dig that stuff. Loud girls aren't fun.."

" What do I have to do with it?" He asked. Her face turned red. She kept her eyes off of him while she sipped her drink again. He smiled at her. To him, she was pointing out the obvious. Did she actually like him? She looked at him for a split second and looked away. " What's wrong, huh?"

" Nothing. It's nothing," she replied.

" Come on, tell me." Moments passed and she said nothing. " Do you like me, Rose?"

" What?! Noo! Never. I mean, not trying to be rude or nothing. Pffft, no. I swear. Stop assuming you big weirdo. I don't like-" He cut her off by leaning across the table to give her a quick peck on the lips. It caught her by surprise and she squealed. It felt longer than just a peck. But her lips were soft and they reminded him of..

" I know you do. I can tell, Rose. It's okay. I like you too."

Halsey's POV

It was the middle of the night. Halsey heard her door being unlocked. The front door of her apartment. Josh didn't reply or call back, so it can't be him. She quickly rolled off the bed and grabbed her baseball bat right next to her bed. She opened her bedroom door slowly. It was dark. She didn't want to turn on the late and give away her position.

She saw a dark figure. Please don't be a robber, she thought to herself. The figure seemed to not notice her. She quickly turned on the light and went in to hit the person, but saw that it was..

" Josh?" She asked. She put the baseball bat down. " Why are you coming home in the middle of the night? Why wouldn't you call me back or text me back?! Where were you!!???" She yelled. He flinched at her words. He was still in the suit he wore to the party. He had bruises all over his neck and red lipstick on his mouth. He held his suit tie in his hand. His hair was a mess. He smiled at her.

" Oh it's nothing baby. Just go to sleep," he chuckled and shushed her. He tipped over as he tried to get to the room. He was drunk. She groaned.

" Josh! Come back here! Why the fuck do you have hickies on your fucking neck?!" She followed him to the bedroom. She turned on the light and saw him fall, face forward, on the bed. Tears started rolling down her face. Did he cheat?

She grabbed her blankets from under him and a pillow. She ended up sleeping on the couch crying.

***

When Halsey woke up, she was on the room. Josh wasn't next to her. She heard the TV in the living room and she could smell fresh food. She quickly got out of bed and ran to the kitchen. She saw Josh in sweats and a tank top. She clenched her fists.

" Get out of my apartment," Halsey growled. He looked her like he was taken by surprise, like he didn't remember that he's been gone for a long time. " Why are you still here?!"

" Babe, what's wrong?!" He yelled back. Tears rolled down her face uncontrollably as she got even more angry.

" You cheating motherfucker!" Halsey went in for the punch. He quickly dodged and she tried to punch again. " You were gone for a whole fucking day!" She yelled. She crashed down on him. Exploded.  He wouldn't do anything but dodge all her punches. " I hate you...I hate you!"

Halsey walked back into her room and put some shorts on. She didn't bother getting dressed. She tied her hair in a low bun. She grabbed her shoes, purse and keys and ran out of the apartment. If he wasn't going to leave, then she was. She ran to the garage where all the cars were and got into her car. She turned her car and she broke down crying there. She punched the wheel which made the horn go off.

" Fuck!" She yelled to herself. She sobbed hard. Many tears were rolling down her face. She couldn't take it anymore. This was like the first time with Ryan. It was like when she found out that she was cheated on. This time it was more direct. Everything was crashing down, again. Just like in senior year. " Why?" She asked out loud. " Why does this have to happen again?"

She got out of the garage and drove. She didn't know where she would go, but she just wanted to get away from here. From Josh. From everyone. From New York.