~Chapter 4~

Halsey's POV

Halsey stared at him in shock. The memories of them flashed before her eyes and she realized...she still missed him. She hasn't seen him since senior year. She forgot about him and everyone else because of Josh. This time, he couldn't help her forget. She wanted to pretend she didn't know him, but Brendon already started speaking.

He kept on staring at her. Why wouldn't Josh do anything about this? He was literally staring into her soul. At least that what it seems. She wanted to hide behind Josh like she would always do whenever she was scared or nervous, but he was standing right by Brendon.

" Wait, seriously?" Josh asked. Halsey slowly nodded. She wanted to take it back. She wanted to go back to the apartment and hide under the blankets. She wanted him to go away.

" In high school of senior year," Halsey let out. "But it didn't work out and now we're both gonna be professional about everything and not mention it." All Brendon did was nod. She hoped he had a girlfriend already because Josh would be even more annoying than he already is about Ryan. But about an ex? How would that go?

" You didn't tell me you dated Halsey," Josh looked at Brendon.

" Yeah, we both did," Brendon said looking at Ryan. Josh looked even more surprised and started looking mad. Now Halsey really wanted to get out of here. Things weren't looking so good. It was starting to get awkward. Get me out of here, she thought.

" Why does it even matter?" Ryan asked quietly. " We've all moved on a long ass time ago."

" It matters because she still talks to you and I'm not a huge fan of you," Josh shot. That's when Halsey punched his arm. Just shut up. Just shut up. Just shut up. You're ruining everything. Ryan just looked down. He looked a little taken back. She just wanted to hug him and tell him that Josh was just being an asshole.

" Stop it," Halsey growled. Jenna was just sitting back silently the whole time. She didn't want to interrupt anything. " Stop being a jerk. Remember, he's a friend and I can talk to him whenever the hell I want to. You know, you're really not making this fair!" She rose her voice.

" Oh really? You talking to one of your exes? I think I have a reason to be a little bit of an asshole to him, okay? I don't like how you guys started talking all of the sudden and how you never mentioned that he was your ex. Even when he hung out with us that one time years ago!"

" It doesn't matter anymore! Remember this is only one guy that has no interest in me. You have a whole...fucking...fanbase." Halsey got up and walked out of the room, completely angry. She had the keys to the car and so she got in and drove to Ryan's house. She didn't want Josh coming after her.

Ryan's POV

He pretty much had no use to stay there in the studio, so he just went home. Like, right after Halsey. Okay, it's normal to be jealous. But Josh was just being a different type of jealous. It pissed Halsey off and she wasn't one to get pissed so easily. But then again, she was a different person now.

He parked his car in the driveway. He saw her sitting on the porch stairs. He went over to her and sat down next to her. She sighed.

" I'm sorry about earlier," she said.

" It's okay," Ryan replied. " This is the guy you've been with all these years?" He chuckled. She nodded. " He's not like this with all the guys, is he?" She just shrugged. Wow, he thought. That must be annoying then.

" I learned how to deal with it. He sucks sometimes, but I love him. He's insecure because of his last girlfriend. She was his best friend for a very like time, like me and him now. He just doesn't want to lose me," she said.