~Chapter 11~

Ryan's POV

When Z got home. She claimed she had bad news for Ryan. He was in the kitchen making dinner for both of them.

" What's up?" Ryan asked her.

" I heard that Halsey is going to LA for awhile. One of my co-workers that happened to be friends with Halsey was talking about it. Do you have any say in this? Do you know what's going on?" She asked.

Ryan shrugged. He didn't want her to leave. Why would she be leaving? Is she taking Josh with her? Was she going to tell him about this? " I didn't know. I should probably call her. Do you know if she's leaving with Josh?" He asked.

" Does it matter?"

" It actually really does. It would tell me if Josh did something stupid that would make her want to leave. She hasn't been to LA in forever. What makes her all of the sudden wanna go there?"

" Maybe she just wants to see her parents."

" Without Josh?"

" You don't have to visit your parents with your lover. I'm pretty sure the next time you go to LA, you're not bringing Rose to your dad."

He scoffed. " Maybe I will. You know, my dad has been great ever since he got help a long time ago. He's a great man now. And I wouldn't mind at all of Rose met him. I just think it's way too soon." Ryan thought about seeing Halsey today. He doesn't know when she's leaving. He could probably ask her about everything. Ryan grabbed his keys. " Hey, I'll be home soon."

Z gave him a look, knowing what he was going to do already. " Oh God. Don't tell me you're going over to Halsey's place to be a hero..You always do that. Just stay out of it this time, Ry. You have Rose now. Focus on her."

" Elizabeth, whether I have a girlfriend or not, it doesn't stop me from being there for a friend." He gave her a smile and left. He ran to his car and drove to Halsey's apartment complex. He didn't even know if she was there or not. It would be worse if Josh opened the door and Halsey ended up not even being there. Well, at least he can sock his face if he did anything wrong. He knocked on the door.

He heard light footsteps coming to the door. There, Halsey opened the door. She looked different. Her hair was shorter and it all made her look more mature. Her eyes were red. It looked like she had been crying for hours. Without saying anything, she let him in by moving aside. She closed the door behind him. A few tears escaped her eyes.

" What's wrong, Hals?" He asked her softly. She crossed her arms and shook her head. More tears came down. He wrapped his arm around her. She wrapped her arms around his waist and silently cried. " Is it about Josh? Did he do something?" He asked. She nodded, still not letting go.

" He cheated on me," she said, her nose sounding stuffed. " Then he asked me to marry him..It hurt me to say no because I've always wanted to marry him..and..I got my payback," she said.

" What do you mean?"

" He sleeps with someone else and I do the same." He hoped that she wasn't aiming that towards him. No matter how tempting it is, he won't do that to Rose. He won't mess up again. It hurt him to know that Halsey had to experience another cheater. He already cheated on her before and he still can't forgive himself. He held her tight. " I slept with Brendon last night."

Brendon? He let go of her. Ryan thought that Brendon was taken already. He thought that he had a fiancée already. Probably broken up. "Why did you sleep with him?" He asked. "What makes you so sure that Josh cheated on you?"

" Well, when your man comes home with hickies on his neck that weren't from you AND was missing for a whole day without calling, you kind of assume," she said sarcastically. " It was stupid and I wasted my time on him..Five almost six years wasted with him."

" I'm so sorry." He hugged her again. " I heard you going to LA. Are you staying there? You're moving out from New York?" She shook her head. " Well, Z said that someone at work talked about it. They were really upset."

" I'm only leaving for a short while. I just need a break from here. The only reason I'm leaving for now is because Josh won't move the fuck out of the apartment. I'm waiting for Jenna to scream at him for cheating. She still doesn't know what's going on."

" Is that girl like your best friend? Don't you tell each other everything?"

" Yeah, but I figured, Josh should tell her himself and she can slap him. I know her. She's always had my back since I met her. I never knew that he'd do something like that. Especially with how heartbroken he was with Debby...His last girlfriend."

" She cheated too?"

" Let me explain everything. Do you want something to drink or something to eat?" She offered. She was already walking to the kitchen area.

" Yeah sure, what do you have?"

Halsey's POV

Ryan listened to every word she had to say about everything. Talk about a true friend here. He comforted her and talked about his new girlfriend Rose. She was so happy for him. He promised that when she came back, he'd introduce them to each other. She promised to say hello to Marina for him too.

They were on the couch drinking wine. It was getting late. Halsey was getting ready to get Ryan to leave, even though she didn't want him to leave. It's been awhile since she talked him. Ever since she met him, he has always been a good person to talk to. She loved him for it. How understanding he was.

Halsey looked at the clock hanging on the wall. " It's getting kind of late. Won't Z be looking for you?" She asked him.

He smirked at her. " Halsey Evens, are you trying to kick me out?" He chuckled.

" Oh, I would never. But I don't want you to get in trouble and I want you to get home safely. You can stay as long as you like. Just don't do anything you regret."

" Like what?"

" Like kiss me."

" I won't kiss you. I have Rose now."

" You kissed me when you had Helena."

" I know."

" I'm sorry. But it really is getting late. I want to get some rest. I'm leaving in the morning." She got up. She took her glass and his. She walked to the kitchen. He followed her.

" Why are you kicking me out all of the sudden? Is it because I won't kiss you? Come on. Why are you-?"

" It's nothing. I don't want to kiss you! Jesus. I'm just trying to get some sleep so I can get rest. I'm about to be on an airplane ride for a long ass time. Simple. Why can't you-" he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. All of her emotions flooded in. She was confused. She pushed off of him.

" There. Happy?" He asked her. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and kissed him again. He cupped her face and she fell into the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He lifted her up and set her down on the counter. He stood in between her legs as they kissed.

She had to admit how much she missed this. She hasn't kissed him in forever. She never got to kiss him after the one time at the abandoned zoo. That was forever ago. She wanted this moment to last forever. She won't get to kiss him like this after tonight. She was leaving to LA and Ryan would go back to Rose. He told her, this time he really wanted to settle down. 

But she wished it was with her.