~Chapter 9~

Ryan's POV

" Z," he called. Ryan just got home. He spent the whole day with Rose. They went everywhere. They went to eat out and they went to the park and she showed him her house. They got to know each other even more. She was like another Helena. He knew that. But he didn't care. She wasn't going to be involved in his life unless he moves back to LA and sees her. He's not ever doing that now...not unless Rose wants to move with him. He only wanted her now.

To be with Halsey would be great, but she's with Josh. He finally accepted that.

Ryan looked around the house for Z. She didn't reply. Was she not home? He called her name again. She appeared out of her bedroom upstairs. She was probably sleeping. Her blonde hair was messed up and she was still in her pajama shorts. " Where'd you go?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

" Sorry if I didn't eat dinner with you. I was with Rose. You were right, she's great. I think I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. She's-" Z cut him off.

" I thought you liked Halsey though. You better not break her heart if Halsey comes to you. I swear to God. If I hear anything even similar to Rose feeling heartbroken, you have to spend a weekend with your dad. I'm not gonna deal with Rose's parents bitching at me," she said.

" I won't. I swear. If Halsey even comes back to me, which I highly doubt, I'll tell her I'm taken." Ryan remembered when this happened back in Senior year. She was in love with him while he was still with Helena, while he still loved her and couldn't be with her. What if the same thing happened again? He hoped that Josh wouldn't break her heart so there wasn't even a slight possibility. He prayed for it

He really just wanted to settle down with Rose.

Halsey's POV

She stared at him in shock, angry tears still in her eyes. Josh stood there with a nervous smile. Was he expecting a yes from her? She definitely didn't want to say yes to his stupid proposal. He hurt her so much. His little act with the "fake" hickies was stupid. Is stupid. What even made him think of that? Idiot, she thought to herself.

" Please say something," Josh said softly.

" I fucking hate you. The first time you heard me tell you that, how did you feel? I'm guessing you didn't care because you still continued on with the act. Was me hating you not enough to break it? I hate you. I never want to marry you. I won't even think about it. How's that for a fucking surprise?" She asked cruelly. She left him there. She walked to Jenna's house which wasn't far.

She knew she was going to think about the proposal. Halsey has actually always wanted to marry Josh. Ever since they got together. That chance is ruined now. She hates him. She still loves him. But he didn't love her enough to see that all that he did hurt her. He doesn't care. She does.

She wiped her remaining tears. Before she could even get close to Jenna's house, it started to rain. Oh great, this will just make everything even more depressing, she thought to herself. The sky cried with her. Everyone around her ran to quickly get inside and not get wet. She didn't even bother picking up her speed. Who cares if I get wet? she asked herself. Tonight, Halsey planned on going home to LA.

Without paying attention, Halsey bumped shoulders with someone. She looked up and saw a beautiful man struggling to pick up his umbrella. When she saw his face..it was Brendon. He looked at her confusingly. " Halsey?" He asked.

" Yeah. Whatever," she pushed passed him. She knew he wouldn't want anything to do with her. She was pretty sure he had a nice fiancee by now. Have you seen him? He's a gorgeous human being. All these years, she thought so. " Don't follow me, Urie."

" Hals, seriously, what's wrong?" He asked her like he was actually worried. He walked closer to her and she was standing under the umbrella with her. She just shrugged. It really wasn't his business. He should leave now before she pours her heart out. " Tell me, Halsey Grace Evens." He still remembered her full name. Her eyes widened.

" You really don't need to know. Just...Just please go before you get caught into something stupid with me."

" Like..?"

" Drinking all night and probably fucking," she threatened. She didn't want to ruin a good relationship with him and possible fiancee. He looked taken back. The last time he talked her, she was innocent. She never easily wanted to have sex or anything. Even last week, she didn't want to do that easily.

" You've changed," he said.

" We all do at some point."

" Come on, let's both just grab a drink. I'll help you feel better."

" I thought you hated me. You broke up with me many years ago because you didn't believe me. You know I'm with Josh and you.."

" I highly doubt you're with Josh still," he smirked. He knew. " You can kind of tell by the fact you're walking in the rain crying the same day he tried to propose. Either he cheated or fucked up in any kind of way, or it's vice versa."

" He fucked with my feelings." As they walked to the closest bar, Halsey told him everything since after the party. She told him about how it all made her feel and how it was all apart of a plan. Brendon agreed that it was stupid. It was also confirmed that he had broken up with an old high school ally - Sarah Orzechowski. Then everything would be okay. When they finally got to the bar, they both immediately bought drinks.

" Tell me what happened between you and Sarah," Halsey said, downing a shot instantly. Brendon did the same.

" Well..it started a year or 2 after graduation. I was still in LA at the time. It was my hometown, I couldn't leave it very easily. I saw Sarah at the place everyone used to hang out at.."

***

When Halsey woke up in the morning, she found herself naked, only covered with a warm blanket. She was wrapped around a naked man beside her. She sat up. She tucked some pieces of her hair behind her ears. Brendon's hair was messed up. Most likely from the sex. She smiled. Payback's a bitch, she thought to herself.

She laid back down. She snuggled into him. His eyes slowly opened. He tightened his grip, safely around her. He kissed her forehead.

" You know we're both in trouble once Josh finds out about this," Brendon said in his sleepy voice.

Halsey shook her head. She kissed his neck. " Who gives a shit about Josh anymore?" They both sat up. Halsey straddled his lap. He had a clear view of her body and her. She didn't know how he felt about her now. He's probably had many one-night stands because of his fame. She didn't want that. But she didn't want to settle right away.

" So what are we now?" Brendon asked.

" What do you want us to be?" She asked teasingly. She leaned down to kiss his neck. He closed his eyes and sighed. He gripped on her back and felt all over her. He cupped her face and kissed her properly.

______________

A/N: sorry not sorry. <3