~Chapter 20~

Ryan's POV

Ryan ended up getting all his stuff and moving back in with Z. He knew that Halsey would be mat at him for a long time because of how he let Jenna in. To her, it must have seemed like he didn't care about what happened to Halsey. He does care. He just hates seeing another person sad. Jenna seemed like she wouldn't hurt a soul.

He remembered meeting her for the first time back in senior year. Halsey was at a graduation party. Jenna pretty much followed him around. But she was kind and still beautiful. He even had lunch with her when Halsey invited him to eat with her and Josh. She seemed to like him way more than Josh. She wouldn't take her eyes off of him.

Ryan wanted to check on Halsey. He wanted to ask for forgiveness. Halsey was an amazing friend that he could tell anything to. It was already mid-afternoon. It's been about 2 days since Ryan was kicked out. Z wasn't home yet. Ryan still had his spare key to the apartment. He decided to drive over there now. He grabbed his keys and ran downstairs. He got in his car and drove.

Halsey's POV

She sat up. She saw the beautiful naked man asleep beside her. A white blanket barely covering the both of them. She leaned to kiss his forehead. His hair was everywhere, all messy. She smiled down at him. " What a waste. Sarah could've had it all," she smirked. 

She lied back down. She moved closer to him. He wrapped his arm around her. They spent most of the day, naked in bed. Other than that, they were either eating or fucking. They both enjoyed it all. Brendon, though, he was falling for her fast. She could tell. But, she didn't love him. She didn't love anyone at the moment. Josh was numb in her heart. She wouldn't care unless she saw him herself.

Halsey wasn't the person to plan with one's feelings. Ever. People did that to her instead. But she didn't care anymore. It's time for people to feel what she felt. She smirked, thinking of her evil plan against Brendon...until he kissed her forehead and held her gently.

" Screw my golden weak heart," she whispered to herself. She may not love him now, but she thinks he can find a way inside her broken golden heart. When she saw his eyes slowly open, she quickly closed hers. She pretended to be asleep. She heard him chuckle and he kissed her lips.

" I hope you know you're terrible at pretending to sleep. You always have been," he smiled. She opened her eyes and rolled them at him. " Still cute as ever."

" Whatever, Romeo," she scoffed. " I think I should get going. My apartment might be missing me."

" Please don't go. I want you to stay forever. I'm falling in love with you again," he said softly.

Halsey sat up and got up. She picked up her clothes that were scattered around the room. She slipped on her underwear and clipped on her bra. Brendon quickly got up to stop her. " I have to go. We are nothing more, remember?"

" Well, I want to be something more. Dammit Halsey. You want to have sex, but you don't wanna be with me? I don't understand!" He yelled.

" I jus don't wanna be committed right now. I just got out of a relationship. I can't just get into another one." She picked up the rest of her clothes and just left the room. He followed her out. " Please stop being difficult. Leave me alone. I'll call you."

" 'Leave me alone. I don't want to be in a relationship. I'll call you, Brendon,'" he mocked. 

She groaned in annoyance. " You just don't get it right now. But really, it's your choice if you don't pick up my calls." She turned to him," you're in love with me, aren't you?" She winked and left his home without putting on her clothes. A neighbor saw her, his jaw dropped. She didn't care. She winked at him too before driving off.