~Chapter 39~

Halsey's POV

It was getting late. Ryan had to go home and Halsey had to go back to her birthday party.

She saw some people leaving Brendon's house. Her parents must've been there still. They wouldn't stop calling her. Brendon would text and call every 5 minutes. He was worried sick. She didn't know how to face him after her dad's outburst which was nothing but the truth. She wasn't happy with the way everything was. She was lying.

She'd have to continue to lie if she really wanted her kid to live a happy life.

When she walked inside the house, she saw her parents sitting across from Brendon's parents in the living room. They were walking, looking very worried. When they saw her walk in, they all stood up. Brendon quickly ran to her, embracing her in a hug.

" I was so worried about you, Halsey. Fuck, you don't know how worried we were," Brendon said as he hugged her tightly. She wrapped only one arm around his waist, barely hugging him. He let go to look her in the eyes. " What's wrong baby?"

She rolled her eyes at him. " It's Halsey, remember? I just want to apologize. Sort of. You already know, B. You know I didn't want this. But I will do whatever it takes for our kid to live a happy life. A happy life involves two happy parents. I will marry you, but in this moment, I'm still trying to fall in love with you so I can be happy too," she said.

" You don't have to marry someone you don't want to be with. Pregnant or not. You shouldn't have to force yourself into something you don't want," Alex said.

She smiled and felt tears in her eyes. " But I'm already doing that by keeping this baby, dad."

She looked back at Brendon who looked upset. Tears were already rolling down his face. He smiled at her, cupping her face. " I know that is my first child, but...I don't want you to have to keep this kid if you don't want it. It's your body. It's your life. I don't want to force you," he leaned his head on hers.

" Brendon! You do NOT have to give up your first child. That's your child. Your first child and you're gonna let her get rid of it?!" Boyd yelled.

Halsey stood behind him as Brendon stood in front of her. " I don't give a fuck about what you say. I'm not forcing a girl to keep a child she didn't even plan on having. It's not fair." She clutched onto his arm. " Why do you want me to have a child this early in my life anyways?!"

" God gave you this child for a reason, Bren. Don't throw that child's life away," Grace said softly.

" I thought you'd understand, Grace," Halsey stepped in.

" Getting rid of my son's first child? Halsey...I can't..I don't want you to do that."

" My daughter doesn't have to decide what to do with the child based on what you want her to do. I don't care about your stupid religion or whatever. This is her body. Just because your son got her pregnant doesn't mean she doesn't have to keep the baby!" Marina yelled. She wrapped her arm around Halsey's shoulder, pulling her from Brendon. " Come on, Hals. You don't have to be with someone you don't love either."

Ryan's POV

He went straight to his room.

He had a feeling that Z would be home soon. He wanted to stop disappointing her, but that's all he ever does. He can't do anything about it. After tonight, he'll have disappointed Rose. Thinking about the pain she goes through ever since Halsey got back from LA, he wondered why she still stayed. If she were to find out what happened between him and Halsey, it would cost Z's job and his home since she'd kick him out.