~Chapter 22~

Halsey's POV

" Halsey. Halseeeey! I know you can hear me. Just open the door. Please don't hate me. I just think it would be best if we got married. I know unplanned parents don't normally want to marry each other just yet..but...don't you want our kid to have both of his or her parents?" Brendon asked, as he stood outside the door.

Brendon has been bugging Halsey about getting married. She doesn't want to get married. At least not with him. She doesn't want to get married for such a long time. It annoys her. She even hid in her apartment. She's at the point where she wants to tell the doorman not to let him into the building anymore. 

" Of course. But we're not even in love. You may be in love with me, but I'm not. I don't want a kid yet. I don't want to marry you. Leave me alone!" Halsey yelled. " You lost this chance when you left me in high school because you didn't believe me."

" I already said I was sorr-"

" I don't care. I'm not talking to you anymore." She got up from the door, which she was leaning back on. She walked over to her bedroom and crashed on the bed. He woke her up early in the morning just to try to get her to agree to marriage. It's the stupidest thing she's ever heard of. It's not even a proposal. It's just a good suggestion.

Ryan's POV

" I'm going to see Halsey today," Ryan said. " I haven't talked to her in a fucking week and she must be feeling like shit. what if Brendon isn't actually helping her? Fuck! I'm gonna drive over there as soon as I finish my breakfast." He started eating faster.

Z rolled her eyes. " You were doing great with not talking about her. You don't want to focus on Rose, do you?"

" I do. I do. Halsey is just a good friend and not just an ex. She was there for every downfall I had. It's my turn to do the saving. I don't care anymore. I'm going to help her with the pregnancy."

" You've got to be kidding me, Ryan! You said you weren't going to swoop in unless she really needs your help. What happened to that?"

" This was my first understanding friend we are talking about here. I'll just go now before we have another argument about me being a good friend from high school." He got up, leaving his half-finished food on the table. He quickly ran upstairs to grab his keys and shoes before running to his car to drive to the apartment.

***

He knew that she was home. She had to be home. Where else would she be? She wouldn't move in with Brendon. She's not in love with him. She seemed more in love with Ryan than Brendon. At least, that's how Ryan saw it.

Ryan knocked on her door. No one answered. Maybe she really was at Brendon's house. Maybe she actually moved in. Maybe she really fell in love with him. Or maybe, just maybe, she hasn't even gotten over him yet. He knocked louder. Maybe she was just asleep in her room.

Halsey's POV

She heard knocking in the distance. She groaned. She thought it was Brendon again. She rolled off the bed. She was getting ready to tell him that she was having an abortion to scare him. She'd never do that. She wouldn't even think of that and if she did, it's only because it's way to early. She is an adult, so it's not that bad. She just wanted to give him a good scare.

She started walking towards the door. As she opened it she said," Fuck off, Brendon. I'm not going to keep it." When she saw who stood at the door, her eyes widened. Ryan looked at her confusingly. " I-I thought you were Brendon or something....Um..What are you doing here, Ry?"

" I just wanted to see how you were doing. I wanted to make sure you were okay and that you don't hate me anymore. I can't stand not talking to you. You understand me the most. I just really wanted to talk. By the way..what's this whole thing with an abortion?" He asked.

" Oh, that was nothing. I wasn't being serious, not like it's something to joke about. I was just trying to scare Bendon away. He's been bugging me all morning. I want to scare him away like forever. He wants us to get married for some reason." She moved out of the doorway to let him in.

" Well, I think it's because you're having his baby, Halsey," he chuckled. " So, like, he proposed?"

" More like offered which totally sucks. It's so much nicer when it's planned and he has a ring and everything is perfect, like when we're in love. I don't love him like I did in senior year. And to top it all off, he got me fucking pregnant. So, I don't want to marry him."

" If you're not going to have an abortion, I think you guys should get married. It's better to have both parents. Pretty much 99.9% of my life was with my dad. He wasn't even a dad to me, so I had no one. I know it will be terrible, but I really think you should marry Brendon."

" But I want be happy," she said as a tear escaped her eye. " I want to have a baby with a man that I love. I don't love Brendon, Ry. I don't love him at all after what he did to me. Having sex was just to get my mind off of Josh. I didn't mean for this to happen."

" I know...but it's the right thing."

" Okay, here is how it is. Let's say you get a girl pregnant because of a one-night stand while drunk. You don't know the girl and you're in love with someone else, what do you do?"

" Take responsibility."

" I am taking responsibility. I know I'm not in love with Brendon. In fact, I'm more in love with you than anyone else right now. I really don't want to marry Brendon. Please understand this," she grabbed his face, cupping it, and kissed him right on the lips. He took a step back, but she wouldn't let him go. His eyes were wide open. He was in shock.

She didn't want to let go. She wanted this moment to last forever. She just wants him. No one else. She wished he was the one that was the father. She wished for it to just be them. She loves him. She loves him so much. Her love is building up more the longer the kiss goes on. Ryan was pushing her off, but he wasn't kissing back either. She slowly pulled away. 

She looked at him. Eyes were closed now. And she kissed him again. This time it lasted longer. And he was now holding her. He cupped her face. He was wiping her tears with his thumb. She didn't want her to ever let her go. She wanted to stay with him. She wants him, in this moment. She only wants him.

She started removing his jacket. He went on with it. He lifted her up, wrapping her legs around his waist. He started talking towards her bedroom. They both never pulled away from the kiss. He seemed to have forgotten all about Rose and the fact that she was pregnant. Ryan sat down on the bed, not breaking the kiss away. He started pulling her shirt up. He pulled away so he could pull the shirt over her head.

" I love you Ryan. I only want you," Halsey whispered before taking his shirt off too.