~Chapter 19~

Ryan's POV

His phone started ringing. He saw that Z was calling him. " I thought you were pissed at me," he said.

" I'm sorry for how I acted. I was being stupid. Please come back home. Apologize for Halsey for me too. Where did you stay overnight, Ry?" Z asked. She sounded so worried. He was still a little mad at her. He also wanted to stay with Halsey a little longer.

" It's okay and I think you should apologize yourself. I'm not coming home just yet. I've been staying at Halsey's apartment. I think we just need some time away from each other. I'll be home soon, in the next couple of days. At the end of the week. Don't worry about me," he explained.

" I'm just really sorry. I want you to come home right now."

" I haven't fully forgiven you. Just give me some time. Goodbye Elizabeth." He hung up and started driving back to Halsey's apartment. He had a spare key, so he could just come and go. He parked his car in the guest space in the apartment garage. When he was finally inside the apartment, he went to the couch to watch TV. He saw that Halsey wasn't home.

An apartment to himself for now. He flipped through channels trying to find a good movie/show to watch.

Halsey's POV

She was stuck in New York traffic. The worse of all. She groaned in annoyance. She was already close to her apartment complex. She wished she could just get out and walk there. But she didn't want to leave her car. She wondered if Ryan was back at her apartment already. She pulled out her phone and dialed his number.

" Hello?"

" Hey Ryro. I just wanted to see if you were back at the apartment already. I'm stuck in traffic. This is gonna take forever," Halsey complained.

" Yeah, I'm home. I was wondering where you were. Where did you go anyways?" He asked. She liked when he said home. Seemed like they lived together. She wished they did. He was good company.

" I went to eat some sushi. I was gonna ask if you wanted to eat with me, but you had plans with Rose. I'll be home in probably an hour or so," she giggled. " Just kidding. I'm almost home, but traffic is fucking terrible right now. By the way......no guests."

" I knew about that already. I'll see you when you get here. Bye."

Ryan's POV

Someone started knocking on the door. He expected it to be Halsey probably struggling with stuff. He went up to look through the door hole. He saw that it was a blonde woman. She had short hair and she was beautiful. She had tears rolling down her face. Halsey's best friend, Jenna.

She knocked again. " Please open the door, Halsey. I know you're in there. You fucking told Tyler everything, didn't you? He hates me because of you!" She yelled through her tears. " I already said I'm sorry! Why did you have to bring him into this?! Josh already hates me. You hate me. Now Tyler hates me. I'm losing all of you!"

Ryan felt bad for her. She looked like a mess. If that were him, he'd want someone to be there for her. She's losing all of her best friends. Halsey said no guests. Especially her. But he couldn't help but want to let her in. He saw her turn around and slide down, curling into a ball. He could hear her sobs right through the door. The whole complex might have heard her.

" Please let me in. Dammit Halsey! Please talk to me!" She cried. That's when Ryan immediately opened the door. She fell back. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. He shushed her. He couldn't take hearing a woman cry. Soon, her sobs silenced. And she whispered," I don't know who you are, but.....thank you." He couldn't stop a tear from escaping his eye.

Halsey's POV

She finally got out of traffic, half an hour later. She unlocked her door and stepped inside. She saw Ryan on the couch at the corner of her eye. She immediately went to her room. She threw her purse on the bed and was getting ready to greet Ryan.

" Hey, Ry-" She was cut off when she saw him embracing Jenna. She was crying. Ryan was comforting her. When Ryan saw Halsey standing there, he still didn't let go of Jenna. " Why did you let her in knowing what she did?! Why the fuck are you even here, Jenna?!" Halsey yelled.

" Stop it! You don't understand what happened, Hals," Ryan tried to explain.

" I know what happened because she basically cried to Josh when I was here! She was probably the girl Josh cheated on me with! Don't even try to hide it. Get out of my apartment, both of you! I can't believe you'd betray me like that Ryan. I let you in and this is what you do - Help the girl who my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with." Halsey fell to her knees and started crying. She saw Jenna and Josh together. Sharing love in a new way. She hated the thought of that.

" Please get up, Halsey," Jenna said softly. You could tell she has been crying this whole time. " I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just wanted to help Josh and...I wasn't thinking."

" That doesn't fix anything, Jenna. Now, both of you, get the fuck out of my apartment," Halsey growled.

Soon, they left without trying to put up another argument. They betrayed her and that was all she could think about. Ryan should have been on her side. But, he has a heart of gold. He just wants to help everyone. Halsey went to her bedroom. She laid down and hugged her knees. The thought of Josh with another woman hurt her the most. She cried right there. She cried on Josh's side of the bed. She noticed most of his treasured belongings weren't here anymore. She noticed one of his jackets were still on the bed. A blue denim jacket.

He really left. He was really getting out of her life. She couldn't breathe. It was like her chest was tightening up. She felt so much pain in her heart. What did she do to deserve this? She just wants to be happy. She pulled her hair out of frustration. " So fucking stupid," she yelled to herself. " FUCK!" She thought she was doing good in life. But, she thought wrong. " I don't get you people.."

***

When she woke up, she saw that she wasn't alone on her bed anymore. Someone was holding her close. It wasn't Ryan like she expected it to be. It was Josh. His tear-stained face. He looked just as broken as her. He was losing everything. He lost his friends who he grew with. He lost his could've-been fiancee. She pretended to be asleep.

She wanted him to hold her. His touch was the most gentle. She wanted to stay like this before she could yell a him. Or maybe she was just dreaming. She hoped that she was. Then, she wouldn't have to yell at him. She wouldn't even have to bring up Jenna.

" I love you Halsey Evens. More than anyone and anything. I hope we could be together in another life," he whispered. She cried there. He could tell she was awake now. He held her tighter. " Please don't cry anymore. I'm sorry about me and Jenna. I was hurt and drunk."

" Please leave. I...I can't be around you any longer without crying. I don't want to cry anymore," Halsey whispered. It was the first time in awhile that she didn't yell at him and her cry was silent. " It's best if we separate if you cheat on me."

" I know. I know. But Halsey...I'm too in love with you. I'll never stop being in love with you. I just want us to be together forever. i want to be with you. I've loved you from the beginning. We all love you. I don't understand what's happening to us," his voice faded. " I'm sorry." He let her go. He got up and grabbed his jacket that was on the side of the bed. He closed the door behind him. Soon, she heard the front door close. And it was just silent.

***

When she woke up, she was still on the bed. Then she realized, Josh was never here. His jacket that was on the bed, was still there. Not touched at all. Not even by her. She realized, it was really over.