~Chapter 15~

Halsey's POV

She was going to call Ryan when she landed. She was planning on leaving tonight. It was late afternoon. She wanted to take a drive around LA. She was going to stop at the coffee shop. She hoped she wouldn't run into Dallon again. If she did, she'll just straight up punch him next time and not let him talk at all.

She had the radio on. " So, you came from LA, correct? What made you want to come back?" The radio asked. For once, she didn't to listen to a radio conversation other than changing it to a radio that's currently playing music.

" Well, I've been off for awhile and thought I'd visit my hometown. I haven't been here in so fucking long. I had nothing else to do in New York," the man replied. She immediately recognized the voice. It was Brendon. "I kind of hoped to this one special girl. Someone told me she flew back here from New York."

" So, you're following some girl?"

" Maybe," he chuckled.

She didn't want him to follow her. It's a good thing she was planning on flying back. Soon, she was at the coffee shop. She ordered iced tea again. She sat down on a barstool. There was a flat screen TV playing. She saw Brendon talking into a microphone with a guy next to him. They were talking about the girl still.

" I hope to find her and marry her," Brendon smiled.

Halsey smiled. Then, she remembered that she probably never wanted to get married anymore. She couldn't trust anyone but Ryan. She only wanted Ryan. But she couldn't have him because he's in love with someone else. She was about to leave the shop until someone caught her eye.

Helena Vestergaard.

She stood tall with another man. He was a little bit taller than her. Halsey didn't know him, but she knew Helena. When Halsey sees Ryan, she's going to tell Ryan how he doesn't have to feel guilty about moving on because, Helena clearly did. The guy held Helena close. His arms around her waist as they waited in line. Soon, she caught Halsey staring at her. Her eyes went wide.

Halsey tried to hurry out of the place, but Helena stopped her. " Hey wait," she said in her Australian accent. Halsey stopped in her tracks. " I remember you. You were that one blue-haired girl that everyone was in love with. What was your name again..? It was Halsey!"

" Yeah, that's me. I don't know you," she tried to be slick about it. It didn't work. Helena could see right through her.

" No, I know you. You used to hang out with me and Ryan a long time ago. Like 5 years ago. It's good to see you again. How is Ryan?" She asked nicely. 

Halsey looked at her confusingly. Was she trying to act nice around her new boyfriend? It's been years. She's not close enough to tell him how rude she used to be? " He's great. He didn't know whether you guys were together or not. But now it's confirmed. He can officially date now," she said.

" Yeah. When we both stopped trying to communicate, the love just died out. Then I found this guy," she turned to kiss her boyfriend on the cheek. " But yeah. I've never been more happier. And I heard you're really famous and popular now. How does it feel?"

Halsey hoped she wasn't being nice so she could get famous from her. " It's, um, nice. Yeah. I have to go."

" Oh, why don't you have a drink with us? Do you have to be somewhere?"

" No, but I don't want to interrupt your date if you were about to go on one. I'll just leave. Nice seeing you," she lied. She left the shop. She got in her car. She pulled out her phone to call Ryan. He didn't answer the first time.

" Hello?"

" Hey, Ryro. You won't believe who I just saw with her new boyfriend. Helena. So you can finally move on. Well, you did," Halsey chuckled. " But I was just letting you know that you don't have to feel guilty about it. I'm leaving later tonight. Is that okay?"

" Yeah. I'll talk to you later. I'm with Rose right now."

" Okay. Bye."

She continued her drive. She didn't know where to go. She hasn't been to LA in forever. She forgot where to go whenever she was bored. She might as well just head home right now. To New York. She could call Jenna. She hasn't talked to her in awhile. Pretty much not since she saw her at her apartment. She wanted to ask about Josh, but she'd tell Josh and that would give them hope.

There's no hope for him anymore. A cheater is a cheater. She never wanted to give a cheater a chance after Ryan. She hated them. She never wanted to go through that ever again. It hurt her to even think about what Josh did. Why would he even try to lie about cheating? It was right in front of her eyes. The evidence. If he wanted to surprise her, why did he have to pull something like that?

She dialed Jenna's number. She put it on speaker. " Hello?"

" Hey Jenna. How's everything?" She asked her.

" Everything with me is okay. But Josh crashed here last night. He said he didn't want to spend anymore nights in your apartment alone. He doesn't like it. He really misses you. But it's no excuse. I really am going to slap the shit out of him," Jenna sounded a little annoyed. Halsey got curious. She knew that she was close with Josh. Jenna also didn't have a guest room. So they might have slept in the same room.

Halsey doesn't trust Josh anymore.

" Oh..okay. Well, I'll be back very soon. Just wanted to check up. And Tyler was okay with you being alone with Josh in that small house with no guest rooms?" She was trying to see if Jenna slept in the same bed as Josh. Then, she'd start to be even more paranoid than she already is.

" Yes. Josh has been my friend since forever. I've known him longer than Tyler. He's practically my brother."

" Where did he sleep then?"

" Well, I didn't want him to be outside by himself or on an uncomfortable floor..so...I let him stay in my room and sleep in my bed. I hope that's okay with you. I mean, we used to do that when we were little. I just don't want to hide anything from you."

" Oh. Okay. Well, I have to go. Just watch out for him. I'll be back in a week."

" Okay. Bye. Is it okay if I talk to you in a lit-" Halsey immediately hung up. She was now as,ing something which would be so stupid. She hoped not. She tried her hardest to shrug it off, but she couldn't. This was the person she could have married. And he slept in the same bed as Jenna when he just cheated on her. Coincidence? I think not, she thought to herself. 

She ended up punching her horn and it made her jump. She groaned. Knowing that he just cheated, why would Jenna sleep in the same bed with him? He cheated on her best friend.

" Did he cheat on me with her?" Halsey asked herself out loud. She gripped on the wheel tighter and let tears escape her eyes.