~Chapter 29~

Ryan's POV

He walked home from the bar. He thought it was good to have a breather. Technically, he just cheated on Rose. He felt terrible. Why did it have to be with Audrey? Why her? She was the worst ex that he's ever had. Jac wasn't even this terrible. Ryan pretty much just lost a friend because of Audrey. He was pissed. He was happy that he pushed her that hard. She deserved that. Audrey was the worse girl out there. Jon is too good for her. Ryan always wondered why he stays with her through everything. Love is love though. He can't do anything about it.

" What are you doing here out this late, Ry?" He heard a voice say from behind him. He stopped walking. He turned around and saw who it was. She had a cigarette in her hand.

" I could ask you the same thing, Helena," he replied. " Why aren't you with your boyfriend?"

" Broke up because of you. Why did you have to tell him how we drifted apart?! Me and him were in such a good relationship. Girls wouldn't bug him ever 5 fucking minutes. We were good! Now me and him are done because of you!" She threw her cigarette on the ground. " Why couldn't you just say you were uncomfortable because we were exes. Why?!"

" People deserve the truth, Helena. I thought you would've told him when you guys first started dating. Plus, if a little thing like that made him leave you, then he didn't love you or he was already planning on leaving."

Tears rolled down her face. " We were suppose to be engaged."

" Yeah, so was a good friend of mine back in New York. But things don't always go the way we want it."

Halsey's POV

She pulled the covers over her shoulder. Brendon was watching off his laptop next to her. Her head rested on his chest. She watched with him. He was right about the shower. After a couple of awkward minutes, she got over it. He helped her feel relaxed. The way he's acting with her right now reminds her of how much she was in love with him in senior year. Now thinking about it...

" I want to get married," she blurted out, making Brendon jump a little.

" W-What did I just hear you say, Halsey Evens?" He asked while smiling. 

" Let's really get married. I know it's not a real proposal or anything I really dreamed of, but we are having a baby together. At a very bad time but, we were in love at some point in our lives. I think we can have that spark again. We'd be great parents."

" Halsey, I want all of your dreams to come true. Okay, yes, we'll get married. But you want a proposal. I'll really propose to you one day. First tell your parents about the baby and get all this stuff sorted out with people you're still friends with. Are you sure you really want to get married? Are you starting to have feelings for me?"

" I think I am. I really am! I don't think it will be hard for me to fall completely in love with you," she smiled.

" Okay. I'm glad. I'm going to call and tell my parents about this tomorrow, okay? You should tel your parents tomorrow too."

" See.....about that...They don't even know that me and Josh split. My parents never ask about it. But, I'll tell them that I've been broken up with him for a long time already. I'll explain everything to my mom tomorrow morning, if she's not at work with my dad. I already told you they travel a lot because of business."

" Yeah, I never forgot about that. We were always alone together. It felt like we were already husband and wife."

" Yeah. Now, we really can be. Oh and there's a mini Brendon/Halsey on the way," she giggled.

" I really can't wait. You know, I really regret leaving you. I've loved you for so long and I can't believe....I just can't believe I left over something you didn't mean to do," he kissed the top of her head. " I love you, Halsey. One day, I want you to be my Mrs."

" From now on, it's going to be me and you only. No one else, okay? Me, you and this little monster. I've always wanted a kid, honestly. I just didn't think it would happen this early in my adult life and with someone I thought I wouldn't ever be in contact with."

" Yeah, me too. I thought I'd be with Sarah for the rest of my life."

" And, me with Josh."

" Life is fucking weird," he chuckled. They both continued to watch their little movie on the laptop.

Ryan's POV

He and Helena have been talking all this time. She even handed him a cigarette. They've both been talking about their lives. Pretty much, catching up. If only they never drifted apart.

" So, you have a girlfriend named Rose?" Helena asked. She sounded okay with it. Maybe it's because she has completely fallen out of love with him.

" Yeah. She's great and insecure. She doesn't need to be. She's the hottest girl in New York. She's a very unique loud person," Ryan chuckled after breathing out smoke.

" So, she's a screamer?" She smirked.

" Shut the fuck up," he laughed. " No, like she's literally a loud person, like when she talks. That's why she hasn't been able to be with someone. They judge her just because she's loud. They think she's weird. Yeah, she's a cute weird. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have dated me in high school."

" If I did, she definitely would've."

" I hope that's a compliment, Vestergaard."

" So, you still didn't tell me what you're doing out here. Where did you even come from, Ross?"

" I was just with Jon. I know. Weird. I haven't talked to him in forever. I guess his slutty ass girlfriend saw me earlier and he decided to hit me up. We were gonna chill at the bar for awhile. When he left to get a drink, his girlfriend tried to hit on me. She ended up kissing me and I pushed her to the ground. He saw and tried to fight me and I just left. I didn't want to to start a bad reputation here. I'm only visiting anyways. I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

" You're leaving already?" She pouted.

" I don't need to stay here. My dad seems happy already. I need to go back to Z and see my girlfriend. I also need to check up on Halsey. Interesting things have been happening."

" Oh oh! Like what?"

" None of your business, really. Since she's very famous around here, I don't want her to look bad. I think I'm gonna go home now."

" Please don't leave just yet. Do you wanna grab a drink or something? I haven't talked to you in such a long time and I just want it to be like before."

" Before, you were jealous of every girl, except Z, that ever got near me. Plus, remember, I have a girlfriend. I already did something shitty tonight. She's insecure enough. I'm sorry Helena. Just go back to your old boyfriend."

" I can't do that because you fucking broke us up by exposing the truth, so," she got up and quickly grabbed his face. He pushed her away fast enough before anything happened. She started crying. She was more angry than sad. " You fucked everything up for me and him. We were supposed to be engaged!" She yelled.

" That was your fault. When you fall in love and are really close to being sealed together, you should tell them the truth about anything. Or anything that you've been hiding, no matter how long it has been. He's been completely honest with you, correct?" She nodded. " Then, it was your fault. Just accept what is. Don't try to ruin what I have when Audrey already did that tonight. Goodnight."