~Chapter 26~

Ryan's POV

When he finally go to LA, his dad picked him up from the airport. 

" Hey Ryro. How are you? I haven't seen you in forever. How are things?" George asked him.

" Things...Things are pretty interesting right now. We haven't caught up in awhile. Well, I did mention to you about Halsey coming back into my life. She made things...interesting. We'll get to that later. I want to tell you about something. I think this will be pretty fucking great. I have someone I want you to meet," he said excitedly. " Well, when I bring her here at some point in life."

" I have someone I want you to meet too. That's one of the reasons why I called you over here. That and I missed you so much. It's been way too long. So, you can roam around LA in my car, but I want you to be home by dinner, okay? I hope you really like him."

Him? he thought to himself.

Halsey's POV

" If you want, you can come with me to Miami. You can bring anyone you want too. Just remember not to bring, you-know-who," Halsey told Brendon. She told him that she had a show in Miami and he wanted to be with her. She thought of a better idea and to just come with her.

" Yeah. I mean, how long are we going to stay for, babe?" Brendon asked.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. She lost count of how many times he called her babe. She eventually gave up. " Not for long. It's just one show. I'm not touring. I think my next show is somewhere in California. Like, I think somewhere in San Francisco. You can come too if you want."

" Yeah, definitely. If I don't have a show on that day at least."

" Well, you should start packing a little. We're leaving tonight. I'll ask my manager to get you a ticket, then you can pay him back, okay?" Brendon nodded. " Okay. Well, you wanna pack now or do you wanna get something to eat while we're still in New York?"

" I guess we can get something to eat. We should talk about the whole baby thing," he whispered.

" We're not in public, idiot. And we won't announce for a long time. We won't say anything unless someone in an interview asks. Oh and forgot..are you bringing anyone with you to Miami?"

" No. Wasn't even thinking about it. I want to spend alone time with you."

" You always get alone time with me. By the way, when's your next show?"

" Don't worry. We'll be back from Miami before my next show. It's like in almost a week. Maybe in 5 days. Come on, let's go eat something. Your choice, mother of my child."

" Don't call me that. Just Halsey."

" I know, but you know that you are."

Ryan's POV

He didn't know where to go. Last time he visited, he'd visit the abandoned zoo. But knowing that Helena has a boyfriend and he has another girlfriend now, it will feel like emotionally cheating. He wished he could've brought Rose. He thinks his dad will love her. 

He drove to the coffee shop that used to be filled up with students from Bulldog High. It was the best place to be. The place was huge and it had a lounge. He parked his dad's car as close as he could. When he walked into the store, he saw someone he was hoping he wouldn't see. Halsey did say that she still lived here and that last place she saw her was here. She was sitting on the couch with another man.

He stood in line and tried to blend, but she had already noticed him. He kept his head down. She whispered something in her boyfriend's ear and she got up. She approached Ryan. She tapped his shoulder. " Hey there, Ryro," she said.

" Helena...What are you doing here?" He asked her. He wasn't looking at her. He looked straight ahead.

" I could ask you the same thing myself. You haven't seen me or even tried to visit me in 4 years almost 5. Is that a way to treat your girlfriend? You didn't even call me!" She claimed. She could've called herself, he thought.

" Your boyfriend is right there. Why are you still complaining?"

" We never officially broke up so-"

" I'm breaking up with you," they both quickly said together.

It was loud enough for people around them to hear. Ryan looked at his shoes. Helena looked at her boyfriend, who seemed like he didn't hear them. " Okay. It's really official. We are done," she said.

" All right, cheater," Ryan smirked.

" I did not cheat on you."

" Clearly," he said before looking at her new boyfriend who sat on the lounge couch with their other friends. Knowing that she lost, she scoffed and walked away. She sat on her boyfriend's lap and started giving him open mouth kisses while Ryan watched. It really felt like she was cheating on him right in front of him. He clenched his fists. Then, he remembered that he had Rose. Rose was more beautiful than Helena and more kind.

She gave Ryan a rude look every time she had a chance. She was practically making out with the guy in a public place. He just left the store after that. Helena is making herself ridiculous, he thought. He didn't even bother buying himself a drink. He wondered if she took that man to the abandoned zoo yet. She must have. Or it must have reminded her of him. Ryan unlocked his car, but he heard someone calling his name.

He looked up and saw Helena's boyfriend running to him. He was...smiling? Ryan looked at him confusingly. " Hey! Where are you going? Helena said she tried to invite you over to the table, but you left instead? Come on, don't you wanna hang out?" He asked nicely.

" I don't know who you are," Ryan replied.

" I'm sorry. My name is Nathan. I'm Helena's boyfriend. She said you were an old friend of her's and she hasn't seen you in 4 years, so she wanted to invite you to sit with us. Do you have somewhere to be? I think you should hang with us."

" I don't want to. I'm sorry, really. I don't feel comfortable. I'm not only an old friend, but I'm her ex-boyfriend who she didn't officially break up until literally just now. That's what she talked to me about. We were dating since 4 years ago and we just stopped talking. Literally. So, no. I don't want to hang out. Goodbye." Ryan quickly got in his car. He looked at Nathan. He quickly rolled down his window. " By the way, you're the guy she technically cheated on me with."

***

Ryan was in his room. George was picking up his friend. 

He said that his friend knew how to cook, so they'd stay inside. Whenever his dad talked about his friend, his face lit up. Like he was really happy. Maybe this was the person who helped him get over his fucked up side. Maybe this was the person who was there for him after Ryan left during senior year.

Soon, he heard the door open and close. His dad was calling him from downstairs. Ryan ran downstairs. He saw his dad, his arm wrapped around another man who looked a little older than him. Ryan smiled at him. " So, this is the wonderful man you've been talking about dad?"

" You've been telling him about me, George. Oh, how sweet of you. Well, your dad has been talking a lot about you too. Hello, Ryan. My name is Harold Jasper. I'm-"

" This is my boyfriend," George smiled. " While you're gone most of the time, he stays with me and accompanies me. I met him at the coffee shop normally where the young people hang out. He was just there reading one of my favorite books. We can discuss it over dinner."

" I make really good spaghetti," Harold said.