Chapter 16: Insecurities

I hope you find this story interesting. Hahah. Frankly speaking, I do have many ideas but they're practically flying around everywhere yet I don't have enough motivation to actually write it. ;~;

☆☆☆☆

The sounds of children's laughter echoed throughout the breezy park as two people strolled along the way with their arms linked together.

"It's really a great day today, isn't it? It's almost summer already." The redhead spoke.

"Ah..yeah. Time passed by so quick." The girl replied.

"So is there something you'd like for us to do during summer vacation?"

"Actually, Seijūrō.."

"Yes? How about we go on a trip? I know a beautiful place that has a wonderful hotel and a beach resort." He suggested, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I can't-"

"Oh, and you don't have to worry about many people. It is an exclusive place and privacy is strictly guaranteed." Akashi explained further.

"That..as much as how nice that sounds, I can't.." The (h/c) haired girl lowered her head.

He furrowed his brows, "Will you be busy by then? If so, I can make arrangements. Leave it to me."

(Y/N)'s expression devitalized, "It's not that. Seijūrō, I'm so sorry.." She let go of his arm.

He just stared at her, egging her to continue.

But what came out of her mouth was the three words that always dreaded him and the words that have never once crossed his mind,

"Let's break up."

His mind refused to fully grasp the situation happening right at the moment.

"..Come again?"

"Seijūrō, let's end our relationship." She worded again, looking anywhere but him.

"Please do not joke about this, (Y/N). It is not funny."

"I'm serious."

His face faltered as he then clenched his fist.

"Why?" He managed to croak out with a broken voice, "Why, (Y/N)? Did I perhaps do something you did not like? Have I overstepped my boundaries? Do you feel pressured by me? Just tell me and I promise, I will correct my ways..please...just don't do this."

"I..I'm in love with someone else."

A pair of red orbs cracked open, finding the person himself alone in his bedchamber.

'Do not fret. It was just a dream, it didn't happen.' He calmed himself down. He narrowed his eyes and noticed that one of his shaking hands had gripped his bedsheets tightly.

Ever since the duration of their relationship, the same dream-well, nightmare kept occuring lately. The couple had to deal with the public attention and recently his girlfriend had began opening up to other people. As much as he was happy that she's getting along with the students, at the same time it had sparked his own insecurities.

What if she likes spending time with other people more? What if he became the least of her top priorities? What if she finds new things that are far more interesting? What if she changed drastically? What if she grows bored of him?

What if she finds someone better?

"It didn't happen..I'll make sure it doesn't happen." He muttered lowly before he nestled back on the mattress.