Chapter 38: Red & White

Here it is, and I apologize again for the long wait. It was kind of hard to write knowing that there are only a few chapters left. :<

☆☆☆☆

"(Y/N) is taking her time, no?" Akashi tapped his foot almost impatiently, Midorima scoffing as he brought up his wrist to check the time.

"What are you talking about, nanodayo? There's still eight minutes until she arrives."

The redheaded groom whose hair was pulled back with some wax smiled, "Ah, my bad. It seems that I can not hold in my excitement. She is finally going to be my wife, Shintarō. Not anyone else's, but my wife. Akashi (Y/N) can not sound any more perfect."

"You don't have to keep repeating it, Akashi." Midorima twitched in annoyance. Once again, Akashi had planned ahead of him, being the one in their former group and circle of friends to actually get married. The green haired doctor had just proposed to his girlfriend a few months ago, and now this long time frustrating friend of his is about to end his bachelor life before him, him no surprisingly being the best man.

"I want this wedding to go through smoothly, hopefully without any problems." Akashi stated, tugging on the sleeve of his white suit. The motif and the theme of the carefully planned event was red and white, (Y/N) settling for a simple garden wedding. Instead of a black suit, he preferred a white one--to match with his bride. The color itself depicted purity and replete happiness; hence, why he was clearly insistent on donning it. Their feelings for each other was far too deep and perhaps a bit incomprehensible to just facilely fathom, but one thing both of them and the others were so sure of was that neither of them can't live without the other.

The music began as he fixed his composure, eargerly keeping his eyes on where the love of his life would be walking through. He had been dreaming and counting the days for this moment to occur. In just a few hours, she will no longer be (L/N) (Y/N). She will finally be his. In both body and name.

'Just a few more hours,' He repeated in his mind, a grin spreading as the other veiled party to be wed stepped inside the venue, catching the attention of everyone.

☆☆☆☆

This was it.

Oh, what would she do without her sass of a bestfriend. Hime was one of the people she was truly blessed with, having a strong sense of attachment. It was all thanks to her for letting all this happen. (Y/N) grabbed her long sleeved, silvery white, puffy dress that had a red ribbon sash around the waist as she entered the area, Shirayuki following behind her had on a tiny custom made white dress strikingly similar to hers along with Hime who wore a strapless long, red gown and of course, the mother of the bride herself.

After graduating at the top of her class and obtaining the master's degree she worked so hard for years, she finally felt that she had achieved something in life. Akashi needn't break a sweat as he held the valedictorian position in his department. Inevitably, he will be handling his father's company in his hands, the older man having no worries leaving it all his son whose capabilities he trusted the most.

The couple wasted no time in flying back to Japan a few days after their farewell party. Akashi was more than eager to resume planning their wedding day. He was overjoyed they had managed to make it this far. Sure, they had countless of arguments due to his motherly, protective nature and controlling demeanor or her lingering tendencies to tease pure and unsullied guys, but they were still unbelievably close to each other as the fine understanding man he was, he always knew when to throw away his pride and ego.

"Oh, (Y/N) honey, I perfectly remember you in a diaper like it was just yesterday and now you're wearing a wedding dress!" Her mother pulled her into a tight hug before letting go to face her, "Don't ever let anyone trample on your happiness. No matter what comes your way, be strong and never let go, you hear me?" (M/N) sobbed tearfully, caressing her daughter's veiled face.