Chapter 37: Contentment

Here you go, guys~ ❤

☆☆☆☆

"Hey (Y/N)! What do you want to drink?" One of the people she was currently hanging out with asked.

"I'll have what you guys have." Came her answer as she sneaked a glance at her phone.

No messages.

She sighed. It had been around a year and a half ever since she came to this country and gotten used to both culture and language. Most of the inhabitants were very friendly towards foreigners, thus, she got along with her classmates well. For a week, she had been busy with reports, essays, projects, and papers resulting to a little stress but finally finished all of them on time. Akashi began expressing his concerns, forcing her to go out for the weekend with her friends.

Don't take her the wrong way, she was grateful to her fiance but this has went on for quite a while now. Him persisting her to leave their shared apartment, making her stay over at a female friend's place. It was boggling her mind. Was this just his way of vaguely saying that he doesn't want to be with her for the moment? Was he doing things behind her back?

She knew that it was unlikely. It's that time of the month again, so maybe it was also just the hormones kicking in.

"Why you?" A feminine voice cut off her thoughts. She found herself staring at a ginger haired girl named Priscilla, sharp piercing hazel eyes mirroring her small form.

"...What?" (Y/N) frowned. And there was this girl. Oh, how she regretted letting her meet Akashi. She had been extremely subtle about it, but it was obvious to (Y/N) that Priscilla had taken a fancy to her redhead, brushing off the white gold band that was clad around her ring finger.

"I think Akashi can do better. You're smart and cute..but you're too dry. You don't suit him."

What. What did she just say?

(Y/N) smiled sarcastically, purposely resting her palm underneath her cheek to show the proof that bound her and her lover towards a promising future.

"You can say all you want, and you can try. But he chose me."

"Don't be so sure. You're not even married yet. Things can change." Priscilla replied calculatingly. (Y/N) always saw her as a shy and reserved girl. She was supportive and nice to all of her friends, yet when it came to romance, the little halo on top of her head is dropped and replaced by a tiny pair of devilish horns. In other words, she was a saint around other people, especially Akashi, but when it was just (Y/N) and herself, she transforms into one of Satan's offsprings.

"We'll see about that." (Y/N) huffed. Why couldn't she just stay where she was?

"Here you go, girls! So what were you talking about?" Kelly, a blonde classmate of hers, sat next to her as he placed the tray full of snacks and drinks on the table.

"Oh, nothing! We were talking about this cute dress at the mall. We should definitely check it out after this." Priscilla smiled innocently, entwining her fingers together in a pleading action.

"Really? Then we should."

(Y/N) bit her lip, "Umm, no. I think I'm going home after..."

Kelly widened her eyes, "No! Please, (Y/N)! Hang out with us for a while! Pretty please with a cherry on top?" She exclaimed loudly, linking her arm with (Y/N)'s.

The said girl tried not to sigh, 'Today was supposed to be my birthday...I wanted to spend it with Sei.'

"OK..."

☆☆☆☆

Akashi smiled as his hands worked around the red ribbon.

"My, aren't you beautiful?" A pair of crystal azure eyes sparkled in excitement. He chuckled and tapped her nose.