Chapter 30: Delightful Days

Anyone listened Catal Rhythm by Oldcodex?

So catchy and good.

Like I-almost-wanna-rape-Takao good. 😂

☆☆☆☆

(Y/N) blinked as she felt something on her head. She looked over to the mirror on the side of the shop as she trailed her fingers on the brim of the cream colored weave hat that had a pink bow resting around it in a jaunty manner.

"Why don't you buy it? You look very appealing, love." Akashi said after placing it on her head.

"Then I will." She presented a pair of matching red interlaced bracelets, "These are nice too." He smiled at the adorable thought of them doing what other typical couples do.

He shifted towards the shelves that had many sorts of glassware lined up horizontally, "What else do you want? Also, let's buy souvenirs for aunty."

"Mom likes to collect figures and traditional ornaments. Basically anything to put on display, in general." She said, going through a vast array of different indigenous and diverse handicrafts. A pot varnished in glaze caught her eye.

"This is pretty well-made. If I'm not mistaken, this is an Awamori pot. For the drink?" She held up the earthenware upon further inspection.

He nodded in affirmation, "That's right. Awamori is an alcoholic beverage known to be Okinawa's main local trading production. Unlike sake, it is not a direct product of brewing, but rather, distillation."

"I see. I think mom would like this."

"Aunty likes to drink?" He cocked a brow.

"At seldom times. When she's stressed out, she doesn't hold back with her extremely high tolerance. She can finish a whole bottle by herself. Even though she's a doctor." She chuckled lightly.

"This is the first I've heard of that. I will be sure to purchase some wine for her when we get back."

She glanced up, spotting a woven web-like hoop embellished with a few items that consisted of beads, feather, and such.

"Strange. What's that?" She gestured to the thing. Akashi let his calculating gaze dawn upon the foreign object.

"Ah, that is what they call a dream catcher."

"Sounds quite cheesy. Do you know anything more about it?"

"So it seems. They are originated with the Ojibwe people in the United States. Later on, they were passed on to some neighboring nations. Some consider the dream catcher a symbol of unity among the various Indian Nations, and a general symbol of identification with Native American or First Nations cultures. Eventually, it has been made into a charm now that is said to block off bad dreams and catch good ones."

"That's a rather cute belief. Maybe you should get one." She tapped his cheek.

"And why's that?"

"So you can catch chickens with it. Why else? Of course, so you won't have nightmares and have less trouble in sleeping."

He smirked in amusement before he leaned down to press his forehead with hers, locking his arms around her shoulders, "I think the fact that you actually believe in such things is far more cuter."

She scoffed, turning away from him quickly and causing her hair to slap him in the face, "Alright, Mr. Charming. Enough with your flirting."

"....Ow."

"Hey, that guy looks really handsome."

"I know! Think we can take a picture with him?"

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes as soon as she heard a bunch of girls giggling while gawking at her redheaded boyfriend. She wordlessly watched as they began to approach the two of them.