-CHAPTER 37-

He kissed my lower lip with a unique tenderness, so much different from the other kisses we've had. I unconsciously placed my arms behing his neck, and just when I was about to kiss him back the stupid bell rang, unfair!   

He quickly got away from my lips, said a few words and I just agreed with my head and then he disappeared running back to the school's building, but I was still so shocked in a good way thought, that I didn't even understand what he told me. 

I shook my head a couple of times, I still was shocked about the confession Jake Mr."I-have-no-feelings" had just told me, he said he was starting to like me. 

I picked my bag up from the floor and tried to find my cellphone in all the disaster I had inside it, I looked at the time, I had five minutes to get to my next class on time. 

I stood up and shook any kind of dust on my clothes, trying to be as clean as possible and then walked to the school's building. 

*

— What happened to flashy Louisa ?— Zack's voice echoed in my ears

—Her alarm clock didn't work and she stayed home— I said trying not to pat much attention to him.  

—You always look gorgeous anyway— I turned to see him, didn't he have a girlfriend? 

— Should we go? — Jake's voice came from behind,  preventing me from answering  something back at him 

—Sure— I answered, pretending I knew what he was talking about

We walked to the school's parking lot  after Jake and Zack got tired of killing each other with their stares, which meant my plan was going absolutely perfect. 

—Thanks— I laughed —You saved me.

— I saved you?— he asked—just a few weeks ago you were "the perfect couple" —  he made a low voice that made me laugh.

—It was all fake— I said laughing —He left me from one to to the other to bang Casy — I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt  —but well...—I said and turned to see him  — I'll see you later —I had just given about two steps when I heard his voice again.  

— Hey! you said we'd finish physics project today— I turned to see him again 

— When?—I didn't really remember having said something like that

—Today—he walk closer to me —In the morning, in the garden? — that was what I hadn't understood.. —Please Louisa... don't make me regret what I told you 

—No— I said —it's your fault, you practically went  from yelling "I hate you" to "I like you" — I imitated his voice — I was shocked!

—I didn't say " I like you" I said I was starting to like you — he cleared —don't feel victorious yet — he said jokingly

—Look Jake— I threatened  — don't get smart on me alright

—ok, ok, ok— he repeated — so, we finish it today?— he said 

—Alright— I agreed —but it'll have to be in my house — I said with an upset face. 

— Are you still mad? Or why don't you want to go to my house?— he said putting his hands inside it pockets.

—No, it's not that— there was nothing better than to be away from home as much as possible  — but my mum is living in those days where she pretends she cares about where I am and stuff. 

— Pretends?

—Yeah— I threw my hair back  —Anyway... my house?

—I'll follow you—he said taking out his keys to then walk to his motorcycle.  

We came in my house, it seemed nobody was there. Actually no one was there, surely my mum left for the office. I sat on one of the sofas and so did he. 

—Nice house—he said staring at it  

—Thanks— I smiled

We started answering the project, we had just a few pages left, so he didn't have to spend time with me anymore. That wasn't good for me though, but we went a long way with everything after all. Christian was going to lose the bet... if he still remembers it. 

—You spent almost all week in my house, you're parents didn't tell you anything?— he said laughing 

—My dad would definitely tell me off —I made a sad smile — but my mum, she... she doesn't even notices if I'm here or not. 

— What about your dad?— he said not understanding

—He died when I was nine — I explained — and since them my mum is in charge of his enterprises, so I guess that's why she's always busy. 

—Louisa—I heard my mum's voice coming from the entrance.  

—Living room—I answered

— Do you know whose motorcycle it is the one that's outside? —she came in the living room and I guess she found her answer, Jake stood up and so did I 

—Jake Gyllenhaal— he said politely putting his hand on the air trying to give it to my mum to greet her, she look at him from head to toes, I was begging inside she didn't do or say anything offensive. 

—Kate Smith—she said turning around ignoring Jake's hand, and leaving him with his hand hanging.