-CHAPTER 48-

—I see you're the main problem here — he sighed and sat in his chair.  —now, you have five minutes to explain all of this  or  you three will get suspended for a whole month.

—It's his fault—they both said at the same time.  

— Stop! — I yelled —you both shut up! — I said and they did as told. 

—Zack and Casy went to our class and got us out to tell us there will be a game on Wednesday, Jake complained about him getting us out of class just to say then when they perfectly could've waited for lunch time or when school is over,Zack didn't mind his own business and started to say things that he shouldn't, Jake got mad and I just told Jake to leave it like that,that Zack wasn't worth it, then Zack offended me and Jake defended me, that's all — I explained quickly.

—I'll take Mrs Smith's explanation as the only truthful one.—he took all our files out of a drawer  —This is so absurd —he said —you fighting over a non important issue.— he denied with his head and started to write something —You can go to class now— I stood up and went out the office. 

This had been the most stupid fight  that could ever exist, this was almost just an excuse for Jake to beat Zack up. 

— May I come in? — I asked and everyone started at me, as usual. 

— Where were you? — The math teacher asked 

—Principal's office— I explained and she let me in. Everyone started to whisper from one to another. 

...

—Hi— I looked up and Jake was in front of me. 

—Hi— I answered serious whilst I kept drawing on my notebook. I was in the cafeteria since the class was already over— What did the principal tell you? — I asked intertwining my fingers together. 

—Suspended for a week— he smiled as if this wasn't important for him.  

—You're an idiot Gyllenhaal—I said gently punching his arm.  

—Hey—he said — Why? for defending you?— he asked angrily.

—Yes, you shouldn't have done it — I frowned my forehead —if you had ignored him this and that... — I pointed to his bruised lip and cheek —wouldn't have happened— he laughed 

—If he hadn't said anything he shouldn't, this, this and that wouldn't have happened - he pointed at his bruises, I was sure he had plenty more, since they fought twice and fell on the floor once. 

— Is he suspended too?- I asked pretending not to care. 

—No— he said angrily  —This is his first "problem" so he'll just have detention, plus I punched him first.