-CHAPTER 32-

— Do you still think I'll lose?— I asked Christian laughing

—I must admit I'm surprised — he said skeptical — and what's that?— he asked pointing at the white box Jake had previously handed me.

—I don't know— I answered sincerely whilst opening it, when I saw what was inside, it was impossible for me not to laugh, in were the black funky boots that I had thrown away.

—He's crazy if he thinks you'll wear that—  Christian assured

—I bought them— I said and he opened his eyes surprised and confused at the same time. 

—Impossible.

—I'm serious—I laughed — He told me I wasn't his type and I bought them— I explained —According to him even if I wore them he would still not like me, so when he dropped me in my house I threw them on the trash— Christian denied with his head

—That guy in practically stepping on Louisa Smith — he laughed

—For now—I smiled —he'll pay for everything Christian.

—You look so cute— that hypocritical voice behind me again  — What's next? ripped jeans with a leather jacket?—  she laughed

—I forgot you wanted my shoes — I said annoyed  —you'll find them on the trash can that's on the second floor — I kept walking without looking at her, I didn't really wanted to fight.

Classes went by really quickly, it was hard for me to pay attention trying to find a reason why Jake wanted me to meet him after class, because he usually wanted me away from him. 

It was fun to see how everybody was surprised by the black boots, it was a drastic change. 

The last class was finally over and the "fabulous" teacher kept talking and talking. This always happens, you want to go out early and they decide to take five more minutes. As I predicted five minutes later she finally shut up and let us out, I put all of my books inside my bag. 

We were the last classroom to be able to come out, I was 99% sure Jake was gone by now, I was a little disappointed... I came out of the building, I really wanted to know what he wanted to tell me. 

I started to go down the front building stairs when I saw him, he was waiting seating on one of the school's outdoor chairs, staring at the parking lot. His elbows were on his legs, he had his leather jacket laying by his side; he was wearing a white shirt. 

I walked to him trying not to make any noise, and I didn't, I hugged him from the back, he got a little scared but then chilled when he saw it was me.

—Accept it, you like me— I whispered in his ear. 

—Stop— he said standing up, trying to get away from my hug  —you well know what I think about you — and I went round the chair so that I could seat next to him. 

—And I want to change that...— I said serious — don't you realize?

—What I don't understand— he denied with his head — is why with me? can't you just follow some other guy that's not me? — he said annoyed  — for the 10th million time, stay away from me, look for another guy, we're all winners. — he combed his hair with his fingers

— I like you, and yes, I can find somebody else but... I don't want to — I answered his questions 

— Why?

—Because anybody would say yes the first time I ask... —I laughed — and you know what they say, what comes easy, goes easy — I said pulling my dress down  — but I won't bother you anymore, as I told you a few hours ago, you've rejected me enough — I put a disappointed smile on my face  — you broke a record Gyllenhaal — I sighed — is that what you wanted to tell me? — how pathetic, I thought he was going to tell me he was in love with me and he wanted to tell everyone about it, I exaggerated don't you think? 

—No, it wasn't for that— he said with a soft voice —it was to...— he started to talk but apparently he regretted it  — it's nothing, forget it —he took his keys out of his pocket and grabbed his backpack.

—Come on tell me— I insisted before letting him go 

—No— he said

—You need my help...— I said laughing staring at the floor  — come on, tell me I won't tell anyone you ask me for help.  — I laughed and he rolled this eyes.

— Could you look after Jennifer and Jared for a few hours? 

— I thought you didn't want me to have any kind of relationship with them either— I asked jokingly 

—You know what, forget it — he said angrily and started to walk away. 

—Hey, Hey— I walked to him and grabbed his arm  — have a little sense of humor!— I told him whilst staring at his eyes.—I'd love to look after them —I smiled

—T- tha

—If you don't want to say it, don't, it's not necessary — i interrupted him due to his trouble trying to thank me. 

— I have to go to the music store, I haven't gone in three days, and the  guy  that usually takes care of them can't do it today,I'll be home at 8 o'clock, alright? — I said yes and got a little lost in his beautiful blue eyes.  —Here...— he gave me the keys to his house. 

—Then...I'll se you later — he turned around and started to walk to his motorbike.