-CHAPTER 50-

— Do you remember Mike and Al?— he asked when we arrived to the preparation room. Mike and AL were the blonde guy and the redhead that I had seen on the music store the other day I went to Jake's house. 

—Yes, I remember them—I walked to them to greet them and shake hands but only the blonde guy shook my hand, the redhead left before I could do it.  

—He's Dan— he said pointing at a brunette guy that I had seen before.  —He's Jared and Jennifer's nanny — Mike and the other unknown guy cracked up. 

—AHAH, you're too funny Jake! — he said sarcastically whilst he shook my hand to greet me. 

—And he's Jack— tall, and hazel eyes. —He's supposed to work at the store— it was Dan who laughed now.  

—And... she is?— Jack asked giving me a kiss on the cheek.  

— She's Louisa —they were all waiting for a compliment to that sentence like "my classmate", "my girlfriend" I don't know something!, and I could just see frustration on his face as he didn't know what else to say.

—And... and she's your?— Dan asked and Jake turned to see me. 

—Friend—I answered.

—Yeah sure, that's what you call it nowadays. —Jack told Jake skeptical and it was impossible not to laugh.  

—Jack, do you want to go unemployed after today?—everyone laughed

—Alright, alright... we're all happy for your new "girlfriend", are we playing or what?  — said Al, was it my imagination or she didn't like me?  

—She doesn't like me, right?—I affirmed laughing 

—Don't worry, she's just like that— he said as if that actually mattered to me. 

—It doesn't matter to me— I said sincerely —Anyway—I sighed —I'll wait for you in the car —I turned around and was about to run away from there but he tied his arms around my waist.  

—You're not leaving— he kissed my cheek.  — Look they'll lend you the appropriate equipment, just like ours— it looked like they play often since they owned their own equipment, and I was the only one renting it. —I promise it won't hurt and won't ruin you clothes. — he once again grabbed my hands and intertwined his fingers with mine, he had no idea of the revolution that happened inside me when he did that, I was crazy about him— Alright?

—Alright—I sighed.

—Perfect— he said happily and took me to the big counter where they had the equipment. 

—Don't under no circumstance take your mask and your vest off unless you're out of the field. The goal is to eliminate all of the members of the other team. if they shoot you from the waist up you're out, if they shoot you in the mask you're out, if you run out of bullets you're out. Arms you're still in, there's no half time if you're still on the field the game still goes on. — Jake explained quickly whilst helping me put the vest on  — Understood? — I was trying to process al the information and memorize it. 

—Yes... I guess— I answered insecure and he handed me the heavy  paintball gun.

—Ok— we walked to where everybody else were —You, Jack y I are the blue team, Al, Mike and Dan are the red team.  — he pointed at each one member of each team. 

—What about Jennifer and Jared? — I asked since they were not ready. 

—They play elsewhere, with kids—he turned — there— he pointed to the left and there was a big wall dividing the kids field and the adults field, the kids field had trampolines, and a bunch of kids cartoons.