-CHAPTER 20-

God... I had a huge knot on my throat. This explained Jake taking care of two kids, and why he is the way he is, so cold. He had to work, study and take care of two kids, a house, pay bills. 

Even though Jenn's comment shocked me, our return to her house was pretty fun with her naïve questions about her brother and I. 

We got out of the car and took about 20 bags of clothes out as well, more than half of the stuff in there was for little Jenn. 

She took some of them, and I took the rest, plus one of the bags was a "special" purchase I made.

We arrived at the door and knocked until we heard someone say "I'm coming", a few seconds later Jake opened the door for us. 

—It's 3:20— he informed us 

— 3:20?!— I asked surprised, we spent 3 hours shopping. — Run Jennifer— I told her overexcited  — the party begins at 4! — I told her remembering the time written on the invitation. 

We both ran upstairs completely  ignoring Jake.

I followed the little angel to her room, a pink one with white furniture, and a pink bed as well, this was a princess room for sure. She had some vintage decor as well, and a beautiful pattern of a growing tree was drawn on her walls, it was truly magical.

—Your room is beautiful — I told her as I put all the bags on her bed, she just smiled — go shower Jenn! we don't have much time — I told her and she just agreed with her head and ran to her bathroom.

I started putting all of her new clothes inside her drawers, yes, she had some dresses, but they obviously didn't fit her anymore. 

I put everything inside them, except for a pink dress with white flowers, just as little Jenn and her mummy love them, and of course her beautiful new white flats. 

I came out of the room so that she could get dressed, once she was ready she let me in again, she looked  gorgeous. 

—Come here I'll do your hair—I told her and started curling her hair  and made 2 plats around her head — ready?— I asked her and with an enormous smile she said yes, we were about to come out of the room when I remembered something — Wait!—I told her running to the bag with the "special" purchase, and Jenn just laughed a little.

I sat on her bed, took my heels off and took a pair of black boots out of a box and put them on. 

—He'll like them a lot — she agreed laughing a lot —...but you hate them —she was right, I hated them.  

—You're right— I added laughing  —but they're comfy — there's at least something good about them. 

We came downstairs jumping, and when we were halfway there I  saw Jake staring at us. 

—Here, I officially introduce you to this beautiful princess. — little one just laughed, I looked at Jake and he was just staring at Jenn, I was waiting for him to say something, at least "you look cute" SOMETHING! but Mr. bitter head just carried her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

I changed my stare to an angry one, and without Jennifer noticing it I told him to tell her something. 

He did—You look gorgeous — he told little Jenn and she gave him a hug around his neck.—go and tell Jared we're taking you to the party so that he doesn't stay alone—he told her putting her on the floor and she ran upstairs to look for her brother  — I see you...— he had surely seen my new acquisition, noticing I was no longer wearing my heels.

— Why?— he cracked up, I went to the first step on the stairway to now be his hight 

—Well, since you always critizise me and call me brainless because of what I wear, — Jake was still laughing  —maybe—I added —if I wear these, you won't call me that anymore—I smiled —because we both know you know I'm not.

—I don't understand why you try so hard for me to like you — he came one step closer to me— can you explain it to me? —he was staring directly into my eyes  — can you explain why you have so much interest in me? 

—Maybe because I want us to be friends... — I placed my arms around his neck —...or maybe because I fancy you  — it was more than obvious I was not going to tell him it was because of my bet with Christian. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I really hope you're enjoying the story we are still missing a lot so tune in!

Please vote and share! and comment down below a the link of a picture of how you imagine little Jenn is!