-CHAPTER 36-

I didn't say anything, was he actually apologizing to me? I could see him staring at the horizon.

—There's nothing worse than a fake apology. — I said serious, just like him staring somewhere else but him. 

—When is an apology not fake? — he asked ironically.

—When you actually feel sorry and not pity. — I placed a strand of heir behind my ear — but it's alright, I accept your "apology" — I said sarcastically — Can you leave me alone now? — I really did want to be alone, I didn't want to fight and when Jake was near me that was all we did.

—No, I can't— he turned his stare to me, I sighted annoyingly and grabbed my bag to stand up.  —no, no,no— he repeated, grabbing my ankle not letting me walk away — How does it feel when you want to be alone, and somebody is constantly there not leaving you alone? — he meant what I did when he asked me to leave him alone. 

—No— I said —I was there because I wanted to get to know you, and you are just doing this to bother me— I said whilst trying to get my ankle off his hand, this time I wasn't going to have my heels pinned inside the mud, since i was wearing flats. 

— And you don't want to do it anymore? — he pulled my ankle making me fall in the grass. 

—No— I lied

—I don't believe you— he assured

—I don't care if you believe me or not— I said serious

—Oh come on, take advantage of this before I regret it  — he smiled. I insist his smile is breathtaking  

— Take advantage of what? — I asked without understanding 

—I'll answer anything you want  — he combed his hair with his fingers, messing it up a little. 

— Whatever I want?

—Alright just 5 questions—

— Why just five?

—Because they're about to ring the bell and I have to get to class, you have 4 left now— he said smily 

— What?— I said angrily, that didn't count 

—That you had four left. —he repeated —and now you only have three

— No! — I yelled laughing—alright let's see— I said whilst thinking about what I should ask him. — Why are you one year behind?— How stupid?, why did I ask that? 

—I had to take care of Jennifer and Jared, so I worked mornings, afternoons and nights, I couldn't really keep studying, so I left school for a year to save some money and then come back. 

— Why are you in charge of Jared and Jennifer? — He said he was going to answer anything 

—My parents died a few years ago— my heart melted to this  —because I was underaged I couldn't take care of them so one of my aunts took care of us — he laughed — but she had plenty of problems and kids to take care of and I didn't want her to worry about us too so I decided to come back home after a lot of insisting she agreed and I take care of us, and everything

—The last one... why don't you like me?— I said thoughtful. I smiled and got closer to him just being a few inches away from his face.  —  he laughed 

—That's easy — he said jokingly— to begin with...  I hate pink, you're too superficial, you think that just because you wear expensive dresses and heels and you have perfect hair you can get anything you want— now it was him who got closer to me, and I felt my stomach doing flips over and over again.— But for a strange reason my sibling adore you— he placed his hand on my cheek and started caressing it, oh my God!, what happened to obnoxious Jake?  —...and I think, I'm starting to like you as well — the only thing I could do was to close my eyes and wait for his lips to meet mine.