Ch. 1- Protection

Chapter 1-Protection 

N&K Written

Present Day

The sun shines so beautifully on my best friend and I as we played this petty ass game of uno but we decided to play for money . Just to make it a little interesting.

Liberty, my bestfriend, anxiously awaited for my next move as she raised her left eyebrow and smirked at my hand of cards. She scratches her scalp as she shakes her head narrowing her eyes.

"Okay bitch so skip you , skip your raggety ass again. Reverse back to me and draw four. I win! Run me my money!" I held my hand out waiting for the price we betted on . She reached down and grabbed her small bag from up under the picnic table, then pulled out her white and caramel gold Michael Kors wallet.

"Ooo we should've put that wallet up for a bet too." I joked.

"Shut your cheating ass up." We all roared with laughter. She retrieved twenty dollars from the wallet, balled it up into a paper dough ball and threw it at my first. We all roared at in laughter.

"It ain't my fault you can't play."

"Girl you must be brushing your teeth with bleach. Wait till we get to the Casino. I got you!" She points her finger at me while she snickers.

"Yall going to the Casino? I was tryna chill at the house." A.J said in a low tone. She wasn't a party person, more like a house wife in training. Studying and baking seemed more fun to her then going out and having a good time. She's the youngest out of our trio, Liberty and I is twenty two, while baby girl is only nineteen, with us being older we're more experienced ajd a

"Girl yes we are . We gotta get some extra dollars. Liberty we gotta hit the mall on Sunday."

"Okay." She shrugged as she sipped some of her Sprite that was on the table. Then she turned to her cousin."So AJ, you're not trying to go to the Casino with us?"

"No. It's too smoky in there. I got asthma."

We both laughed at her even though it wasn't really humorous. We were just high from the blunt we had a little earlier.

Liberty pulled out one of those vaporized ciggarates and began smoking on it "Well girl we bouta get turnt!"

"Alright, well get turnt then." She rolled her eyes and walked back into my condo shutting the door.

"Have you talked to Faith." Liberty asks.

"Girl that's your friend. I don't fuck with her fake ass."

Liberty sucked her teeth and smacked her lips. "Faye is not fake . Come on now. You still mad because of what went down? She was drunk."

She was referring to a couple weeks ago. I was having a small little get together at my home . We were drinking, playing spades, just chilling. Liberty and I was talking and her friend Faith just swung on me but she missed. The girl apologized saying she was trying to catch her balance . She was trying to catch an ass whooping.

"No that bitch claims she mistakenly swung on me, and she was this close" I held my fingers up to demonstrate how much she had me fucked up.

"She was this close, this close, to purposely getting her ass beat."

She rolled her eyes. "She was drunk."

"Well a good ass whooping would help her hold her liquor better. Anyway how you gon' smoke something that helps you stop smoking cigarettes and still smoke weed?"