Chapter 42

Ronnie

I woke up to a cool breeze hitting my skin. I sat up and looked at my naked body that had fresh scars in various places . I looked around and came to realization that I was in the bed. I don't remember how I got here.

I felt like someone was staring at my womanly features so I stood up and walked over to the small dresser and luckily found a large a white T-shirt. I put it over my head and straightened it out. I then noticed the silver Iphone 6s lying on the dresser. I gasp in joy but right when I was about to grab it , the door flew open.

Cameron walked in carrying my baby girl who seemed to be sleeping. I hurried over to him and held my arms out, anxious to have her.

He carefully places her in my arms. "She'll be fine. You gotta put this on her every hour." He digs inside of his pocket and hands me a small bottle of body ointment.

"What did you do to her?" I held my head to her chest and thanked God that I heard her heart beating. I also searched for fresh bruises but found none other than her burn.

"I didn't hurt her...I just cured the burn. It's not that bad only second degree." He shrugs.

"Her flesh is gone." I say as I pull up her shirt.

He raises his eyebrow. "It'll grow back baby girl...I mean her ass gone be a little two toned but she'll be straight." He says as he places a ciggarrete in his mouth.

I smiled down at my baby to keep from lashing out, at this point I didn't care about anything. I just didn't want to do anything to run him to hurting her again. I sat on the edge of the bed and swayed the both of us back and forth.

I then begin to think of my baby boy. "Do you know where Caleb is?" I questioned as I looked up at Cameron.

"Yelp . I talk to him every week."

"Who has him...when i went to social security they had no records of his birth. I was told that the foster parents changed his name so I couldn't find him. there was no formerly known as or nothing. " I say in a depressed tone.

"Some rich people . They named him Norman or some crap like that."

"How do you know where he is but i don't." I asked in confusion as I held my head low.

"Because I took the time out to look for him. I found him about a year ago. He lives in Baltimore."

"I took the time to look for him too....but his name was changed obviously. "

"Oh really Ronnie? When was the last time you tried?

I frowned. "I never gave up on him...I've been trying. But what am I suppose to do when his name has been changed."

"I know if Jamal knew he would've helped .. Because that's the type of guy he is." He says.

"Probably....but I didnt want to tell him I had a baby with you....Youre the reason why he came out the way he did....you damaged your son. Maybe if you didn't hit me so much he wouldn't need all of those surgeries and we couldve kept him."

"That shit runs in my family you dumb bitch! My younger brother had it and my uncle and two of my cousins. "

"Anyway, do you have a picture of him?" I ask.

He goes on his phone and walks towards me . "I would let y'all FaceTime but you looking kinda fucked up right now." He saids as he shows me a picture of a little boy. He seemed happy as he smiled up the camera . It was a screenshot of a facetime call .