Chapter 28

Chapter 28- Racing Mind 

Ronnie

I paced around the hospital waiting room anxious and angry at the same time. Jamal has been in surgery since last night and now it's morning . Theyre still working on him.

"Ronnie why don't you come sit down." David says as he stands up and comes over to me.

"No....I can't sit down right now. This waiting is irritating me." I say as I leaned on the wall. I peered at Mr.Anderson as he talks on the phone.

"What if something bad happens? He got shot in the chest....that never comes out good. What if they lose him? I can't raise no baby on my own." I said in saddened tone. I wanted to have faith but after losing so many people you love , it's hard.

"A baby?" Mr.Anderson saids as he takes his attention off his phone and looks at me .

"Yea I'm three months pregnant. What am I gonna do without my Jay" I whine as tears fell from my eyes. David remorsefully rubs my shoulder .

"What the hell he gone do with three babies?" Mr.Anderson mumbled to himself .

I lifted myself from the wall and a frown suddenly transforms my face. "Three babies? You mean two" I snap.

He chuckles . "Naw baby girl . Three." He held up four fingers . And that's when I knew he was joking around with me.

"Chill Mr.Anderson." David chuckled .

I sighed then sat down next to him ."I have to see him. Hopefully everything will be okay. I don't think I can go back home in that house." I tell them.

"Have you called Liberty?" Mr.Anderson asks me as he scans his phone .

"She didn't answer . her and Aj has been busy taking care of Jahlil." I informed him .

"Well don't worry Jamal have many other houses around here." Mr.Anderson said

"Hell yea . He got a house that got a pole in the bedroom." David snickers . I'm not sure if he was joking .

"He got a house with a hot tub in the bedroom." Mr.Anderson nudges my arm .

I stood up and ignored them both. "Why did people throw bricks and shit in our windows? Why were those men at my house?"

David and Mr.Anderson shared a look then they both shrugged . "It's not our place to tell you." David said .

"Why not? He's my fiancé....I should know." I place my hands on hips and stare them both down .

"Come take a seat baby girl." Mr.Anderson patted the seat next to him . "David go call the shop to see have they found out everything." David nods then exited the hospital .

I slowly sat next to him and put his arm around me in a loving way, as if I was his daughter.

"Remember Zee and how he was murdered?" He ask mentioning Jamal's late brother Zeek. I never even got to meet him but I heard a lot of stories about him.

"Yeah...he told me about that." I nod.

"For years Liberty , Jamal , and I been looking for the people who tortured him . Liberty found out about the whereabouts of the main person who was in charge of the whole scheme ." He then removes his arm from around and start talking with his hands.

" A couple months back when y'all went to that club , he was there . Omar .. he was a foreign dude from Long Island as well as the best drug trader in the whole freaking world. Liberty took him that night . A few weeks afterwards , their right hand man , Xavier Collins , was murdered . Liberty took care of him as well . For some time now , they have put the pieces together after Jamal killed another one from their group a few months back . They are after Jamal thinking that he killed off half of their people , basically." He explains to me.