Chapter 34- Revealing

Liberty

Early in the dark morning , I started packing Jahlil and I clothes . I couldnt stomach the thought of what ive had to listen to last night . It felt unreal . A part of me didnt want to believe it . I think the only thing that hurted me the most was that while he was telling me , he sounded so genuine . Thats what told me that he was beig honest about everything .

Now i was on the road , on my way to Aunt Jackie's house . She asked to have Jahlil for the week and I agreed . I love the kid to death but i refuse to have him around me as i intake multiple doses of my drugs .

About an hour later , i drove up her driveway . I climbed out the car and got Jahlil out . He started whining for no apparent reason .

"Dont worry youre staying with your grandma." I told him but that didnt stop him from crying . I took him out of his car seat and placed him on my hip . I grabbed his car seat with my other hand and went to her door . I didnt bother closing my car doors since im about to unload half of his belongings .

I rung the doorbell eight times . Its about 7 in the morning so i know that shes sleep .

Finally the door swung open revealing a sleepy confused Aunt Jackie .

"Hey auntie." I cheesed .

"Hey LiLi! Oh my grandbaby getting so big. Aj would be proud to see his little fat butt." She giggles .

I nodded while rocking side to side . "Can I come in?"

"Ooh yess baby! Come on in." She gestures as she stood to the side . I picked up his car seat and strolled into her comfy , warm hand .

I chuckled and placed his car seat on the couch . "You was in a hurry to get rid of him?" She chuckles as she takes of hold of him .

"Its not that . Its just that Im moving out of Ronnie's place and i need to roam around and find a new home." I told her .

"You know you are more than welcome to come and stay with me." She assures me as she sat down .

"I know auntie but i need to grow my own wings and plus youre living too far . I at least want to hear the birds chirp." I joked .

"Girl the birds chirp more than often." She chuckles .

Silence cmae over us as she begin to make Jahlil laugh . His smile looks so much like Aj's .

"I miss her so much." I weakly smiled . I started biting my nails since i felt the urge to cry .

"I miss her too . At least we have something so special and valuable thats apart of her. Right?" She looks at me . I nodded my head in agreement . We both turned our attention to Jahlil .

"Auntie i saw my dad," She quickly turns to me ,"The night that Aj died." I folded my lips .

A frown plastered on her face . "Did he say anything?"

I shook my head . "We just shared a eye contact . I believe I have a little sister named Zarai. Shes so pretty." I said in a hushed tone .

"I remember you telling me that you always wanted a little sister named that." She smirks as she rocks Jahlil.

"You just keep ypur head up Liberty . Your father was a darkness dimming your light . Now youre free and well . Youre beautiful , smart , caring , loving." She rubs my knee . "Youre doing wonderfully without him." She smiles.