Chapter 27- unexpectedly

I stood up slowly and kept my hand on my stomach. A middle aged white woman whom was walking down the stairs had a concerned look on her face.

"Are you okay sweetie? Did you fall?" She rushes to me and begin to help me.

"Thank you." I groaned .

"No problem." She says sweetly as she walks me up the staircase . When I got to the top I thanked her again, then begin to limp through out the mall. The pain that I was enduring happen to be severe. I felt a lot of cramping . I finally found Jamal and he was suprisingly talking to Ginger.

They were laughing as they were walking with each other . I followed behind them. Ginger finally noticed me and smiled.

"There she is!" She hugs me tight. "You didn't tell me you two were getting back together."

I stared at the ground and lean on the wall as I held my stomach.

"Whats wrong baby?" Jamal questions.

"Fai--" Before I could get my sentence out, Faith popped up with a whole bunch of shopping bags. Some were baby wear and the other bags seems to be clothes for her self.

Jamal snatches the Macy's bag from her and looks through it. "This is not baby clothes. What are you spending my money on?"

"I have gained a lot of weight carrying this child so I needed to go up in sizes . I got the baby some clothes too." She raises up the small bag of baby clothes.

"I'm glad you don't want child support, cause you would never get a check fucking with me. Let's go take all this shit back." He tells her.

"Oh but you can buy her shit though." She points to the Victoria Secret and Dolce Gabbana bags in his hands . He gives the bags to Ginger and grabs Faith by her arm..

"Let's go." He then walks away with her while lowly cursing her out , leaving Ginger and I alone.

"Girl you here with him and his babymama." She chuckles. "I couldn't do it. No, no. "

She sits on a bench near by and I follow her.

"Are you okay?" She asks as she sat down .

"I'm fine. what are you doing here?"

"To buy some new hair essentials for the shop. you getting yours done this weekend?" She runs her fingers through my straight hair that was now pass shoulder length since she's been doing it.

"It's time for a trim." She informs me.

"Yeah I'm getting it done."

****

"Thank you." Jamal said as the Sonic employee came outside and delivered our food. He reaches to the back and handed Faith her bag.

"Thanks baby daddy." She says and I roll my eyes and stay quiet. I decided not to beat her ass for what she did to me. I'll just have Jamal handle it . I was feeling perfectly fine and I didn't even sweat anything because my baby is going to be okay. At least that is what I told myself.

After ten minutes of driving , Jamal looks at me as I faked a few tears out of my eyes.

"Eat your food baby." He tells me.

"I'm not hungry." I sobbed.

"What's wrong?" He ask concern.