Chapter 31

Liberty

Ronnie and I visited Jamal again . I didnt have any emotion left . Seeing him in this condition only made me want to smoke more . Im highly depressed and all i feign for is rest . I feel as if i havent had enough of that .

When we was on our way out the hospital , we passed by a room that had the door wide open . I absentmindlely looked in and noticed Cam was sitting on the bed side and Troy laying in the bed with breathing tubes runnning through his nose . My nerves jerked when i seen him . The feeling of seeing him dead is in me and its oddly alive and well . I needed to calm my nerves .

"Youre okay?" Ronnie asks as she rubs my back . I nodded without saying a word . We drove home in pure silence . The only thing that was heard was the radio . I felt the need to break the silence because i was breaking on the inside .

"I saw my dad." My voice was low but she heard me .

"You did! Where?" She asks in a hype tone .

I snickered because i felt myself about to cry . "At the hospital . I cleared my throat . "The day Aj passed away."

"Did you talk to him?" She glances at me as we pulled into her driveway . I shook my head .

"Why would I? He didn't have any words for me . He basically disowned me." I shook my head as tears fell . I guess it's time to pour out my frustration . "He have a beautiful daughter though . When I was younger , I told him to name my baby sister Narai . He kept his promise."

"Don't cry Li. I told you when were younger he's gonna regret hurting you. If you ask me , you don't need him and never did. I would stab his ass girl...all that shit he put you through." She shook her head .

I paused to control myself but it wasn't working . "Hannah called me two hours straight nonstop."

The way Ronnie turned to me with her eyes bucked told me that she knew something that I obviously didn't but have recently found out . "Are you serious?! Where is she?" She asks.

I started crying like a cry headed baby . "I don't fucking know! It wasn't even her! Some fucking creep kept calling me off her damn phone , sending me text messages saying that her and Audrey is dead.." I started punching the dashboard to release some anger . "Why didn't anyone tell me that they were missing?!! Why??!!" I screamed .

"Liberty please stop." Ronnie begs . "Jamal didn't tell you? Why did he tell me and not you? They've been missing for months now."

That put the icing on the cake . I exited the car then slammed the door . I went inside the house and ran upstairs to my room . I closed and locked the door , instantly kicking off my shoes .

I sat on my bed and pulled out my crack pipe that was in my draw . I laid it on my bed as well as my weed . I started lacing and rolling my weed as tears continuously fell .

After an hour , I was full of it . I was staring at a picture of Aj and I . We took this picture right before we moved into that condo .

Ronnie invited herself into my room . I'm glad I aired the atmosphere out before she came because the smell would've made her sick . She sees my blunt and rolled her eyes . She walked and snatched the blunt from between my lips .